Author Topic: Why RTB going be Shutdown?  (Read 72427 times)

Badspot said on his server that he has no idea why, but thinks it's probably something related to too many starfishs to deal with.

ephi can handle the starfishs just fine

its that RTB has literally no purpose anymore. it'd be a waste of time to keep supporting it. steam was the killer of RTB, and it will take over, not blockland cloud

http://swololol.x10.mx/rtb_add_ons.html
currently still uploading the all the files only like 25% complete
so if some of the links nearer to the bottom don't work thats cause they aren't done uploading

what if.... when rtb closes they come with something better than before, like an offical add on to the game

ephi can handle the starfishs just fine

its that RTB has literally no purpose anymore. it'd be a waste of time to keep supporting it. steam was the killer of RTB, and it will take over, not blockland cloud
Again, Badspot said he wasn't sure why.
RTB was more convenient than Steam because you could still input controls while in the overlay when messaging.
Steam doesn't have an ID lookup
Steam Workshop Addons, while Badspot would love to implement them, are not going to be a reality anytime soon because of moderation problems (Badspot said this himself).

http://swololol.x10.mx/rtb_add_ons.html
currently still uploading the all the files only like 25% complete
so if some of the links nearer to the bottom don't work thats cause they aren't done uploading

Well, this saves me from trying to download all of RTB's add ons single-handedly.
Can you also put up a link to DL all of them at once after it's done uploading?

another stupid-ass comment. if RTB had no purpose, people wouldn't be upset. people wouldn't be looking for alternatives. people wouldn't be complaining about steam. people wouldn't be asking for the source code.

you're the biggest idiot if you honestly think steam killed RTB.
steam doesn't offer mods (or post them automatically to the forums)
doesn't show server info
doesn't give in-game server options
doesn't have a blockland-centered community
doesn't host save files like RTB was going to
doesn't have active graphs of blockland activity
doesn't have a database of IDs and name history
isn't made for blockland. RTB is. steam will not and can not surpass RTB.

I thought the statistics on RTB were really useful. also
another stupid-ass comment. if RTB had no purpose, people wouldn't be upset. people wouldn't be looking for alternatives. people wouldn't be complaining about steam. people wouldn't be asking for the source code.

doesn't show server info

Well, this saves me from trying to download all of RTB's add ons single-handedly.
Can you also put up a link to DL all of them at once after it's done uploading?
i have included xalos' link to all in one in the list, thanks xalos!

I can already picture some RTB Forum users migrating towards here. Garbage day is going to get more frequent now. One person is already committing forum Self Delete in GD.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:24:09 PM by Master Shadow Phoenix »

I can already picture some RTB users migrating towards here. Garbage day is going to get more frequent now. One person is already committing forum Self Delete in GD.
Wat? Are you telling me there are people that exclusively use the RTB comment system?

yeah no kidding. all rtb users are already active BL forum users lol

Does this mean the RTB Listings board will be removed too?

doesn't show server info

All those things can be implemented in blockland itself rather than having a separate add on and make the game official. Steam can be used for chatting and the add on system. And what do you mean blockland centered community. we have the forums + steam groups and a discussion board. Steam opened up a new opportunity for the way blockland works.

ephi minds as well release all private add-ons