Author Topic: Why RTB going be Shutdown?  (Read 72451 times)

I thought RTB was boned as soon as Blockland popped on Steam. I was right. :I

I thought RTB was boned as soon as Blockland popped on Steam. I was right. :I
yeah, you were
ephi can't seem to understand that some users can't even run blockland on steam (such as me, I run linux)
and some users just don't want to use steam

I thought it said April 1st and I was like "really guys...?"

All those things can be implemented in blockland itself rather than having a separate add on and make the game official.
yea, except you said
RTB has literally no purpose anymored
and it DOES have a purpose, all the things I just listed. until blockland implements them into the default game, RTB has a purpose. you're assuming these features get integrated into the game. you're saying RTB has no purpose based on some random ass assumption that badspot will implement these into default blockland. and if he does implement them, it's implying that they actually have a purpose (or else they wouldn't be implemented).

you're wrong

yeah, you were
ephi can't seem to understand that some users can't even run blockland on steam (such as me, I run linux)
and some users just don't want to use steam

Linux sucks for games in general, Mac too. Get windows already.

its that RTB has literally no purpose anymore.
Some users cannot use Steam, like Setro for example. Others don't want to use it, like myself, because they only have 1 game for it, Blockland.

I say it still has some use, not as much in the past but it still has a purpose, and nothing will beat a mod specifically designed for the game.

ephi minds as well release all private add-ons
This.
Except he should send them via email to the uploader (and anyone on the access list(s) of them) to keep the privacy of them.

Or at least let them sign in, but not let them modify/submit anything (add-ons, comments, ratings, etc.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:44:51 PM by dargereldren »

Some users cannot use Steam, like Setro for example. Others don't want to use it, like myself, because they only have 1 game for it, Blockland.

That's too bad. Use it or play vanilla.

That's too bad. Use it or play vanilla.

learn2read
Others don't want to use it, like myself, because they only have 1 game for it, Blockland.

yea, except you said and it DOES have a purpose, all the things I just listed. until blockland implements them into the default game, RTB has a purpose. you're assuming these features get integrated into the game. you're saying RTB has no purpose based on some random ass assumption that badspot will implement these into default blockland. and if he does implement them, it's implying that they actually have a purpose (or else they wouldn't be implemented).

you're wrong

yes therefore rtb has no purpose because we can now get those things officially built in blockland. Rtb is the system rtb. Not the functions it can do because someone else can replicate them and call it something else

yes therefore rtb has no purpose because we can now get those things officially built in blockland.
are you handicapped? RTB HAS a purpose because those features don't god-damn exist in default blockland. badspot NEVER said they were going to be added. the SYSTEM RTB still has a use, and it's doing those functions because there isn't anything else yet that can do them. you're entire argument "rtb has no purpose" is based on assumption that the features will become default.

you're saying it has no purpose because its functions can become default. that applies to every other add-on as well. things aren't rendered useless just because their functions CAN become default, they're rendered useless when they actually become default. why are you so bad at this?

RTB HAS a purpose because those features don't god-damn exist in default blockland. badspot NEVER said they were going to be added.
If Badspot never said anything, how can you tell that it will never happen? RTB's been around for a long time, so there's been no reason to work on something that basically already exists, but now that it's going away, it'll give Badspot a reason to do so

Also, some of you guys need to stop telling the non-Steam users to just play Blockland on Steam or stick with the vanilla version

Badspot could easily make a system of his own that'd be similar to RTB, Badspot should have plenty of money to keep an add-on hosting system going and whatnot, and he could have a more dedicated mod review team such as himself, Rotondo, Kompressor, and hey, maybe even some trust worthy people from the community such as Greek2me

I'm not getting my hopes up, but i'm not gonna be a Negative Nancy about it, RTB's not gone yet, you guys need to calm down, stop freaking out, and just wait and see how things go

Give Badspot and co. some time to work out whatever has to be done

yeah, you were
are you seriously this stupid and ignorant

the creator of a game can't cater to little kids whose parents are overprotective, don't have money, or just want to be different

are you seriously this stupid and ignorant

Are you so ignorant as to think that Steam overlay worked anywhere near as well as RTB?