Author Topic: Why RTB going be Shutdown?  (Read 72432 times)

the creator of a game can't cater to little kids whose parents are overprotective, don't have money, or just want to be different
thats not my point.

RTB had a use as a different option instead of Steam, which was not designed to fully cater to Blockland specifically. RTB was designed to cater to Blockland, including Blockland Friends and Add-Ons.

"But Steam has Workshop!"
That's still not specifically designed for Blockland and honestly shouldn't be used on Blockland.

thats not my point.
RTB had a use as a different option instead of Steam, which was not designed to fully cater to Blockland specifically. RTB was designed to cater to Blockland, including Blockland Friends and Add-Ons.
"But Steam has Workshop!"
That's still not specifically designed for Blockland and honestly shouldn't be used on Blockland.
revised: someone who needs to get on with their life can't cater to little kids whose parents are overprotective, who don't have money, or just want to be different

Are you so ignorant as to think that Steam overlay worked anywhere near as well as RTB?
what? he said that he can't use it on linux
you can

JESUS CHRIST GUYS, STOP IT WITH THE STEAM CRAP.
It isn't exactly the same, you need to actually buy a game to get free ones iirc, so not everyone can have it, the workshop wouldn't work as well, and not everyone wants to download it.
So lay the hell off already.

If anyone else says to just use steam again, quote this.

I understand that you guys are trying to help, but you're all being richards about it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:46:38 PM by gr8dayseth »

you need to actually buy a game to get free ones iirc, so not everyone can have it
ik this may come as a surprise to you but blockland is not a free to play game

ik this may come as a surprise to you but blockland is not a free to play game
holy crap where did I get that asumption from
Well everything else though...

"we can assure u this is legit i know why but i can't say :^) "
this is precisely the same exact thing that happened back before they released RTB host.

finally someone gets just how loving annoying it is.
I have the files that Xalos put up. I'm not interested in being DDoSed, so if you guys want access to them let me know and i'll send you the link. I know it won't mitigate that perfectly, but it's better than just dumping an ip address here.

yeah this'll get buried.

holy crap where did I get that asumption from
Well everything else though...
Oh wait I remember
I meant because some people would have to move onto there.
Though idk if they'd still have to buy something

w/e im tired im gonna sleep

Oh wait I remember
I meant because some people would have to move onto there.
Though idk if they'd still have to buy something
I'm pretty sure if you activate blockland on steam you won't have to buy anything else

I'm pretty sure if you activate blockland on steam you won't have to buy anything else
Having any non-f2p game on your steam account counts I'm sure.

Having any non-f2p game on your steam account counts I'm sure.
even if it was free when you got it, i think

i got portal a long time ago when it was free for promo, i think that unlocked my account

Does this mean the RTB Listings board will be removed too?

SHouldn't be hard for someone to make a mod that allows the use of rtb prefs.

most likely, because none of the links or images in the topics will work anymore