Just bought Blockland, but wtf

Author Topic: Just bought Blockland, but wtf  (Read 28387 times)

so you're calling our ruler a friend?
I can't tell if you're serious but if you are that's really sad.

i am you bitch

bow 2 the overlord he owns n00bs mad hrd

holy stuff you're a friend

User was banned for this post
that wasn't me, you should check ur forgetin facts son

yep

you told me you were going to do a shout out to stocking in your next post you lied

-snip-
Wow, okay.

I get that you're the only one working on this game and negative responses like this can seriously get to your head, but this sort of response is not acceptable.

I'm not going to compare you to anyone else because you've made it clear that BL is not quite the same as every other game out there, but you should still realize that this sort of response doesn't endear you to the rest of the world. The rest of the forum will kiss your ass and talk about how "epic" or "cool" that "Smackdown" was but really it was just embarrassing. I'm guilty of this behavior in the past but this is the sort of hostile behavior that can alienate potential new users. The simple response could've just been to lock or delete the thread but this happened.

Just wow.

Wow, okay.

I get that you're the only one working on this game and negative responses like this can seriously get to your head, but this sort of response is not acceptable.

I'm not going to compare you to anyone else because you've made it clear that BL is not quite the same as every other game out there, but you should still realize that this sort of response doesn't endear you to the rest of the world. The rest of the forum will kiss your ass and talk about how "epic" or "cool" that "Smackdown" was but really it was just embarrassing. I'm guilty of this behavior in the past but this is the sort of hostile behavior that can alienate potential new users. The simple response could've just been to lock or delete the thread but this happened.

Just wow.

badspot has snapped at us many times. and the game has exponentially grown since.
and every time there are users who say just as you are now, and the game has grown exponentially since.

so either people dont give a forget what he does (a fair assumption), or badspot being a jerk is what helps blockland XD

yeah look at how much of a big richard jerk badspot is but then look at how many people buy alts to come back on the forum

badspot has snapped at us many times. and the game has exponentially grown since.
and every time there are users who say just as you are now, and the game has grown exponentially since.

so either people dont give a forget what he does (a fair assumption), or badspot being a jerk is what helps blockland XD
While I'll admit Badspot should chill a little, the real explanation is that games often lose their community if the owner just lets everyone walk all over the game. He's established that he's in charge here (which shows people that there is some level of order here), that he knows his stuff, and isn't afraid to toss a kid under a bus. I've seen games where the devs try to apologize to angry users, sometimes just dishing out locks and deletes, and trying to suck up to their communities. Those games died.

And even still, the person Badspot directed that at, wasn't mad and was actually impressed with Badspot's response.

While I'll admit Badspot should chill a little, the real explanation is that games often lose their community if the owner just lets everyone walk all over the game. He's established that he's in charge here (which shows people that there is some level of order here), that he knows his stuff, and isn't afraid to toss a kid under a bus. I've seen games where the devs try to apologize to angry users, sometimes just dishing out locks and deletes, and trying to suck up to their communities. Those games died.

And even still, the person Badspot directed that at, wasn't mad and was actually impressed with Badspot's response.
games with level headed leaders don't get ddos'd

just saying, you don't make enemies by silently banning them for mistakes, you make them for long ranting posts and insults, and putting them on a platform to be laughed at which Badspot has done on multiple occasions.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:07:34 PM by Badspot »

just saying, you don't make enemies by silently banning them for mistakes, you make them for long ranting posts and insults, and putting them on a platform to be laughed at which Badspot has done on multiple occasions.
I dont think we get attacked because he makes enemies - I think we get attacked so frequently because he rewards them attention.

There has been many upon many games that got attacked by ddosers.
Many of them that didn't do this.

League of Legends, Rakion, to name one or two, I forget the rest.

There has been many upon many games that got attacked by ddosers.Many of them that didn't do this.
League of Legends, Rakion, to name one or two, I forget the rest.
yeah, but it's not personal like on BL. people DDoS LoL because they're literally trolling, whilst other people DDoS and forget with BL because they were banned and made fun of, and now they are vindictive.
I dont think we get attacked because he makes enemies - I think we get attacked so frequently because he rewards them attention.