Will Blockland Be Split In Half?

Author Topic: Will Blockland Be Split In Half?  (Read 2745 times)

yeah a bunch of rtb ripoffs will split the usefulness of mods more and more and more. and since none of you guys can be trusted to upkeep it for a few years, just the idea only hurts blockland.

This is why I'm going to be shipping my mods with my own updater. I don't want the hassle of releasing updates over three different services.

I am afraid that people will be competing against each other, but I honestly hope BAM makes it to the top.
Who is making it and what does BAM stand for?
So far the website is literally just one broken homepage.

Who is making it and what does BAM stand for?
So far the website is literally just one broken homepage.

It's made planned by Port. I'm guessing it stands for Blockland Add-ons Manager.

I don't use Steam.
Does this mean I have to start using Steam or just not communicate?

I want some options other than needing Steam.
I hate going through Steam...

I just hope Badspot makes an official chat & friends system for Blockland.

I don't have steam, because I've had no use for it. Being able to communicate in BL is far from a reason to get steam for me. Even if I had steam, I wouldn't use it to replace RTB in BL for I wouldn't want to mix my BL friends and steam friends together, they're two entirely different things for me. BL friends are for BL and BL alone.

Sure you can use steam for it, but it is no option for a replacement.
I just hope Badspot makes an official chat & friends system for Blockland.

RTB's IRC was barely used anyway.

RTB's IRC was barely used anyway.
because everyone used private chat

The community will hardly feel any of those stuffty RTB remakes.

The community will hardly feel any of those stuffty RTB remakes.

A problem with steam that not many of you notice is, there isn't any add-on moderation as such.
The creation of a similar site to RTB would mean you could get add-ons that you know will work and won't have any "surprises".

um
have you heard of this great program named "Steam", OP?

Maybe all 3 could use the same channel? IRC is IRC. You could have 3 different clients that work differently but connected to the same channel.
That is if it actually is IRC. I haven't looked at these new clients so I don't know.
People call the Blockland chat IRC even though it uses a custom protocol and therefore not IRC

i dont understand why people are trying to clone ephis fame. it doesnt look like they want to contribute to the community, just want to be praised like ephi was. these people can suck my balls

i dont understand why people are trying to clone ephis fame. it doesnt look like they want to contribute to the community, just want to be praised like ephi was. these people can suck my balls
Well we are trying to contribute, like in one of the topics somebody posted a logo and said we should use it, and we did, it was a really good logo, so we (Visolator, Me, Pacnet) obviously care.

Meanwhile in rtb2:

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin
Standard Player
Standard Player

You know, it's not impossible to make an irc mod with the ability to connect to multiple channels.