Poll

name/logo

yes
117 (63.9%)
no (vote for this)
66 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: BAM Development (see page 25)  (Read 44257 times)

And you think a new client will fix finding them?

if you've lost them now it'll take a long time to find them all.

Like if something new is made yeah it'll spread over time and the person will get it but that person you will have lost contact with for a long time,

steam is essentially the same thing, For example it was always like the question; "hey, do you have IRC?"

but now its steam.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:13:37 AM by Badger »

you do realise not everybody in blockland has steam?

how am i gonna message my blockland friends if they don't have steam? i have lost contact with many people and im hoping i get to see them again eventually.
How did you message your blockland friends when they didn't have RTB?
How are you going to message your blockland friends when they don't have BAM?

Getting steam is simple. You download it. You make an account. You go to this page. Pretty much done.

yea its pretty much how RTB spread in the first place;

"hey man do you have steam?"
"no"
"you should go install it, that way we can find each other"

and if you don't like steam that's your problem.

So, what's going on with development?

At least borrow some code from RTB connect so you can make the in-game friends list and chat.

EDIT: Is the current download any good?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:53:28 AM by Mr Queeba »

Yeah just hack into whatever Ephialtes is keeping all the server-sided code of RTB Connect in and borrow some code from it!

borrow

yes, totally not ripping code from RTB and calling it our own!

port has already made a chat server, rtb connect shouldnt be hard to do either, if you make/use a proper database module (since it is coded in node.js from what i see)

without some type of chat, this entire add-on loses about 80% of it's usefulness

you do realise not everybody in blockland has steam?

how am i gonna message my blockland friends if they don't have steam? i have lost contact with many people and im hoping i get to see them again eventually.

why not take the simple step?

make yourself a steam, and tell them what is there steam/get steam NAOW

How did you message your blockland friends when they didn't have RTB?
How are you going to message your blockland friends when they don't have BAM?

Getting steam is simple. You download it. You make an account. You go to this page. Pretty much done.
it's not my fault they dont have steam lol i have no contact with most of my buddies and i consider them lost.

why not take the simple step?

make yourself a steam, and tell them what is there steam/get steam NAOW
dude ive had steam for like a year or two check my profile

Say you make a completely new Steam account with the community features disabled and everything, if you get a Steam key from the redeem page, does that unlock community features?

IIRC you have to buy a game before you can add friends and all that jazz.

Say you make a completely new Steam account with the community features disabled and everything, if you get a Steam key from the redeem page, does that unlock community features?

IIRC you have to buy a game before you can add friends and all that jazz.
adding a game to steam through that steam key is sufficient to unlock community features

adding a game to steam through that steam key is sufficient to unlock community features
so this just makes a chat feature even more useless lol

a chat feature is completely useless and redundant in light of the vastly superior steam

however, a feature that lets you see which server your friends are on would actually be useful

without some type of chat, this entire add-on loses about 80% of it's usefulness
If you're thinking that all it's going to do is replace what RTB already was then yeah.

But you're forgetting all the possible things that could be made.

Stop brining the chat up.