Poll

name/logo

yes
117 (63.9%)
no (vote for this)
66 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: BAM Development (see page 25)  (Read 44254 times)

i had a bad feeling this was never going to get released
and now the feeling is just growing
and growing
and growing

i had a bad feeling this was never going to get released
and now the feeling is just growing
and growing
and growing
it's not going to be worked on
ever

I'm personally seeing to it that Port doesn't allow this to die, so don't worry.

Just give him some time and be patient; He's working on a few other projects off and on as well as this.
did everyone really just glance over this

BAM is going to be changing profile. The original intention was going to include a full-fledged overhaul including a complete IM system with groups and various other related services such as push notifications, etc. As this is going nowhere, those features will be scrapped. Steam integration, even at the current point, offers a full replacement for RTB Connect. Friends lists, private messaging, group chats and even the main feature people used it for; finding other people who play the game. There is a Blockland group. Join it's group chat.

Rather than try to reinvent the already present and usable wheel and put even more work on an effort that currently isn't getting anywhere, BAM will be reduced to what Blockland actually needs and to what the original idea behind the abbreviation even was ("Blockland Add-On Management"). It is going to include the previously discussed add-ons discovery/hosting service as well as an in-game client for it (and for managing your own add-ons). Smaller features like colorset management will still be included.

Not official, idk if they've started a GUI or not, nor do I know if saves are a thing.
just throwing ideas around

Those gui profiles are fancy

But they would be more fancy if you also made a matching window profile

Not official, idk if they've started a GUI or not, nor do I know if saves are a thing.
just throwing ideas around

-snip-

Off Topic: what icons are those? they are nice

bump
sorry for this again. trying to keep on front page

bump
sorry for this again. trying to keep on front page
Stop.

BAM is going to be changing profile. The original intention was going to include a full-fledged overhaul including a complete IM system with groups and various other related services such as push notifications, etc. As this is going nowhere, those features will be scrapped. Steam integration, even at the current point, offers a full replacement for RTB Connect. Friends lists, private messaging, group chats and even the main feature people used it for; finding other people who play the game. There is a Blockland group. Join it's group chat.

Rather than try to reinvent the already present and usable wheel and put even more work on an effort that currently isn't getting anywhere, BAM will be reduced to what Blockland actually needs and to what the original idea behind the abbreviation even was ("Blockland Add-On Management"). It is going to include the previously discussed add-ons discovery/hosting service as well as an in-game client for it (and for managing your own add-ons). Smaller features like colorset management will still be included.

The GitHub organization has now been stripped down and reorganized to correspond with this.