Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 167612 times)

how the hell do you build nice looking ships
everthing i build winds up looking more like a building than anything else. it's all i know how to build :(

For me its just natural or I have experience with designing stuff - if you want I can suggest this;

try basing a space ship off some sort of real life vehicle, try the p38  lightning but in space ship style.

build the usual frame (and think ahead) then add on your details and angles/cosmetics

The more you build from real life equivalents you'll eventually develop a skill set and you can just make stuff out of your mind from scratch using different techniques you've learned.

If something looks out of place or not right on the ship get rid of it and redo the part

Remember that asteroid base I made awhile ago?

I'm on mobile so I can't be bothered to pick them out, you should know which one it is
the screenshots show me building from the bottom up, its very confusing trying to explain how to build for someone else because I'm just used to winging it.

its really just the practice makes perfect bit - people who are naturally good at the game have just carried over skills from other places for things such as drawing or design classes or just building around the function of the vehicle

I hope my scatterbrain thoughts help a tiny bit?? its something at least
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:35:28 PM by Badger »

So apparently meteors will spawn INSIDE of a planet if it's nighttime. After finding holes in my bunker at its deepest levels I realized this when I went outside and saw meteors flying OUT of the planet. I had to disable them and it's pretty frustrating.

So apparently meteors will spawn INSIDE of a planet if it's nighttime. After finding holes in my bunker at its deepest levels I realized this when I went outside and saw meteors flying OUT of the planet. I had to disable them and it's pretty frustrating.

asteroid base superior

That has got to be the best thing ever.

The planet itself is firing it's secondary cannons.

I forgot if I posted this?

It was my favourite skybox pre-planets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0acVnO4cLHg

update, performance improvements and different tool variants

So on the quickstart earth, what is the best way to attack the pirate HQ? I'm thinking go full space marine and drop a HLV and go from there

Long range bombardment

Orbital cannon. Make a ballistic missile with warheads and use gravity generators to accelerate the missile down a long tube aimed at the HQ.

So on the quickstart earth, what is the best way to attack the pirate HQ? I'm thinking go full space marine and drop a HLV and go from there
dig a tunnel underneath and destroy them from below
should be interesting

just a quick bump.

Also, would anyone like to help me out in finishing my ship that i've been working on? It is about 60% done, most of which is incomplete is the interior, but I could use fresh ideas and perspectives on how I can finish up the top and bottom of it. I'm anxious to get this finished
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:23:55 PM by LoLBert »

that sounds good. I'll actually log into friends on steam next weekend and send you a message. Thanks man