Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]

Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 25682 times)

The Unofficial Official World Almanac
Volume II

Notes
(ISD) = Insufficiant Data
(NNR) = None, Nonexistant, Not Recognized
(INF) = Informal

Military

Greatest Overall Military

Erinaum
Kharidia
Avalonia
Stormemark
Atsina
Zanovia
Ralekstein
Stormlands

Greatest Land Military

Erinaum
Avalonia
Kharidia
Stormemark
Atsina
Zanovia
Ralekstein
Stormlands

Greatest Naval Military

Stormlands
Stormemark
Kharidia
Ralekstein
Zanovia
Erinaum (INF)
Ralkestein (ISD)
Atsina (ISD)
Avalonia (NNR)

Greatest Military Tactics

Erinaum
Stormemark
Avalonia
Kharidia
Stormlands
Ralekstein
Zanovia
Atsina (ISD)

Economy

Best Overall Economy

Erinaum
Stormemark
Zanovia
Avalonia
Kharidia
Stormlands (ISD)
Ralekstein (ISD)
Atsina (ISD)

Best Trade Routes

Erinaum
Kharidia
Stormemark
Zanovia
Stormlands
Avalonia (ISD)
Ralekstein (ISD)
Atsina (ISD)

Culture

Most Appealing Culture

Stormemark
Kharidia
Zanovia
Atsina
Erinaum
Ralekstein
Avalonia
Stormlands

Most Pious

Atsina
Erinaum
Stormlands
Stormemark
Kharidia
Zanovia
Avalonia
Ralkestein (NNR)

Best Human Treatment

Stormemark
Zanovia
Erinaum
Avalonia
Atsina
Kharidia
Stormlands
Ralkestein (ISD)

Best Diplomacy

Stormemark
Zanovia
Erinaum
Avalonia
Kharidia
Stormlands
Atsina (ISD)
Ralkestein (ISD)

If I missed anything or any details, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:26:48 PM by SWAT One »

yay im most pious suck it nerds

human treatment and diplomacy forget yeah

Well I guess I took a real blow to the economy.

no matter your economy, you should still have best trade routes

wow stormlands you guys had better treat your people better

i reduce taxes on food slightly

wow stormlands you guys had better treat your people better

So have you, you 2nd place pleb.

yay im most pious suck it nerds

you can fear your uninteresting god and go by your boring ways

we're mother loving vikings, get on our level

oh you did? cause i didn't

Okay, I'm done.

The Avalonian Khan begins regimenting hard but not overly harsh or unreasonable discipline in the Avalonian army including the universal application of the 10s system, as well as increased training around horsemanship, archery, unit tactics, formations, and rotations until the entire army can do this in its sleep.

Work begins on establishing a strong logistical system throughout the Empire including the construction of roads, milestones, and bridges where fords are not readily available or dependable.

The Avalonian army readies for another push to the East.

Erinamese traders notice the Avalonians scavenging, and propose that a trade route be opened, the Erinamese offering food for whatever ware of equal value can be exchanged for it.

Scavenging?  We have herds/flocks of livestock and some small farms.  As a whole, Avalonia is more or less self sufficient; however the Avalonian Khan will not prohibit Erinamese caravans or whatever.

The army rides East again, utilizing similar tactics as last time.  Some settlements have prepared to resist but many surrender.  Those that resist are met on the field of battle; most are destroyed.  A few fortified towns resistant to Avalonian style warfare have forced the Avalonian horde to use captured soldiers to operate siege weapons taken from captured towns.  Only a single large fortified town has successfully resisted this advance, so the Avalonian army takes what it can from the area, burns a few houses, and leaves to sack it another day.  An Avalonian general has suggested not slaughtering all of the people from towns that refuse to surrender, and instead using some captives as a human shield to get up close to city walls which can then probably be breached.  Will draw up a map of new frontier later.

After volunteering troops for this campaign, several vassal states are given the privilege of entry into the Avalonian Empire (They therefore don't have to pay tribute, just regular taxes and military service which are much lighter; all are expected to join).

Fear begins to spread across Erinaum, mainly northeast Erinaum, suspicions that Avalonia is planning to invade.  The government can do nothing to argue against the worrying populous and much of the land-owning nobility in the area, and stations its military in the north and northeast to ease fear.

A messenger by horseback rides quickly to the nearest of the Avalonian war camps, and hands the leading officer a letter, to be sent to the Khan.

The letter would be read by the Khan as follows:

Salutations,

While I congratulate you on your recent conquests, and your military might is recognized, my citizens and nobility have grown aware of this, and fear your army.  They fear that their lands are target to your campaigns.  I believe that you do not hold ill will to the Ivekian of Erinaum, however, due to the citizen's fears, I have dispatched a portion of my army to the frontiers and encompassed provinces to the north and northeast.  Neither I nor the High Generals have intentions to attack or otherwise mobilize this army against your forces.  I truly wish that we may be able to remain at peace, and that our empires will thrive together for eternity.

With regards,

Ivek Zjariåkt S. Premien VI

In case you didn't pick up on it, many mindless citizens are panicking and therefore causing more panic.  We're just trying to keep them quiet.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:46:50 AM by SWAT One »

The Kharidian Emir sends several golden thrones to his most loyal tribes and land owners, a high honor in Kharidian culture.  It is perhaps to make the less loyal tribes jealous.

The Khan's response:

Esteemed neighbor,

Avalonia will not attack Erinaum without due cause.  Ensure that your subjects do not antagonize Avalonia, for if they do no mercy will be shown.  Barring this avoidable event, Avalonia has no reason to attack Erinaum when there are easier targets all around and more strategic ones to the East.

Regards,
M- Khan

Avalonia begins selection of a permanent ambassador to Erinaum (to be stationed in Vålderesk with King Ivek's permission) to prevent or curb this sort of thing in future.

I still have yet to make that map.  In a few minutes or a couple of hours.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:00:00 PM by Plethora »

The Ivek agrees, and in turn wishes to send an ambassador to be stationed in Nazgar, with the Khan's permission.