Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 26460 times)

The Kharidian rape train halts.  For now.

Finally, the Kharidian expeditionaries land in a stormemark port town and greet the locals with suspicion.

Due to low thread activity and victory in Japan culminating in a failed Japanese counterattack and the Avalonian capture of Mount Fuji, Avalonia begins doing some nation building.

Tax reforms are enacted to be flatter and give both rich and poor similar loads to bear.  The effects are mixed but seem to be a net positive, with revenue actually increasing and the people as a whole being not displeased with it; additionally, taxes are collected by Imperial Agents who are threatened with death should they become corrupt and take more than they ought to or skim something off the top, these agents are given good pay to decrease any drive to steal.  The power of many local nobles is curbed to ensure that local power is not abused against the common man.

Roads between Avalonia's major cities are given extra repairs and every twenty five miles or so relay stations are set up.  These relay stations consist of under five men each, a barracks, stable, and small storehouse.  Government officials (mainly couriers) are assigned a bronze seal which allows them to take a horse to the next station and a small meal.  Military personnel are allowed to use these stations without a seal because anything related to the military is important in Avalonia.

Avalonia also begins giving serious consideration to a standardized currency. which will eventually phase out local currencies and possibly even the barter system.  Avalonia is not currently putting this into action, but the Khan has approved a coin design bearing the likeness of his favorite horse, and a survey of the treasury's precious metals has been ordered.

Blutonia sits there and does nothing.

Avalonia has been put into stasis per request of Plethora.

Hey OP, what do you think I should do?

Sarcasm.  There is no need to be an ass, and I'm saying that both ways.  I am not telling you what to do, as I would therefore have to tell everybody a way to progress and therefore be on the path to some kind of victory.  As host, I cannot do that.

Hodot could you could try not being a richard

guys i dont think hes actually a richardwad, that was a joke. I thought the image i took was pretty funny.

i decide to build up my military a little bit, enacting laws that everyone without bodily ailments is required to join the military.

i decide to build up my military a little bit, enacting laws that everyone without bodily ailments is required to join the military.
okay 2 things off the bat

This would be impossible in the Medieval Ages. There is a reason a massive draft system to draft the country wasn't made until Napoleonic times.

Secondly, no citizens would be happy about a required draft when there is not even a threat. This would increase resistance.

okay 2 things off the bat

This would be impossible in the Medieval Ages. There is a reason a massive draft system to draft the country wasn't made until Napoleonic times.

Secondly, no citizens would be happy about a required draft when there is not even a threat. This would increase resistance.

(you don't know what we're planning)

also ok

this is looking kinda dead