Poll

Even if no more problems with the home-hosting happen, would you pay $4.00/month if HammerHost was still run at home?

Yes, home hosting will stabilize and become more reliable
No, I feel comfortable only with a remote dedicated server

Author Topic: HammerHost dedicated hosting service :: Clients, get your files  (Read 51913 times)

Okay thank you Setro. I may send you a PM for more details about him.

This is irrelevant to what we are talking about right now, but how about a client-sided version of the ID mapping project? We can just go around joining servers and the database would grow rapidly.

Hammer, even if it may only help a little; I suggest hosting images through imgur or cubeupload to put less strain on your network when under load or attack.

but how about a client-sided version of the ID mapping project?
Normally this would be impossible because in order to submit a player, you have to know their IP address, so the data can be verified. But a workaround is to validate data via peer agreement: 10-20 players submit data and if most of them agree, the data is not fake.

Hammer, even if it may only help a little; I suggest hosting images through imgur or cubeupload to put less strain on your network when under load or attack.
My network, even though it has 25 Mbps upload, is usually never filled to even 50%.

much strain
so dial-up

jesus christ is it still being DDOS'd? they seem to be dedicated

jesus christ is it still being DDOS'd? they seem to be dedicated
I've learned to "go local" and ration 40 MB a day of mobile data.

Normally this would be impossible because in order to submit a player, you have to know their IP address, so the data can be verified. But a workaround is to validate data via peer agreement: 10-20 players submit data and if most of them agree, the data is not fake.
No, stop.

No, stop.
I know that 10-20 players are not enough; I was just giving an example. This is how the Bitcoin network operates, anyway. If you verify the submitter's BL_ID, I think it's enough security.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:11:58 PM by Hammereditor5 »

It has to be atleast half of the network agreeing.

is the ddos still happening

is the ddos still happening
Yes, of course. It has now been slightly over one week.

Yes, of course. It has now been slightly over one week.
they must want your bitch ass down town