Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 219414 times)

Nope, never mind about the events not working. I  was using 64 x 64 bricks as the goto points and it wasn't working because the onbotreachbrick event only registers if the bot is at the center of the brick. So unless they can dig a hole, it doesn't work with large cubes. So I corrected that with simple 4x4 bricks. XD

Now the new-health system add-on isn't working, effectively ruining the whole map. I needed that because I wanted different bots to have different health values to fit their play-style. (Overwatch) I don't know how to do that using slayer. If I event the spawnpoints to change their datablock once they spawn, the bots literally turn invisible, with a skybox for a head. It's been like this for a while now, so I was using the Zserver_Newhealthsysytem add-on to find a way around it. And now it won't work when it was doing fine just the other day. I feel like this game is fighting me HARD. Every single time I try to release a decent map with bots, something ruins it and I can't fix it. But now I'm pissed, so I'm looking into it further.

I was just mentioning this because I figured you should know about the whole, 'Bots turning invisible if their datablock is changed after the match start' thing.

OK! I restarted blockland and the new health system is working! BUT NOW THE BOTS WON'T APPEAR!!! ARRRRGGHHFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRGG GH! This is taxing on ones soul. I must withdraw. And yes, all the players bricks are enabled and the preferred players is set to six. Worked fine last time I started blockland. No idea what's going on now.

I was just mentioning this because I figured you should know about the whole, 'Bots turning invisible if their datablock is changed after the match start' thing.

So it sounds like this is the only actual issue? I'll take a look. Your map sounds fantastic btw!

Thanks man! As for the bots not appearing, I found out that they actually were!

Outside the map or on player spawns. XD Kinda creepy actually. I'm gonna try reinstalling slayer, since I believe this has happened to others in the past and had a simple fix.

If you place team spawns, they should spawn there.

Yeah, I did. They were spawning just fine one moment, but on the next blockland startup, they didn't. I tried resetting the game, made sure 'use all players bricks' box was ticked, made sure the preferred players value was higher than zero, and made sure the spawns were the corresponding color to the teams. They just didn't spawn.

SO, I did a little test. I cleared my bricks and ended the gamemode. I set it up gamemode the same way using blue and red player spawns. Just two of them. When I started the game, a  BUNCH of yellow skinned blockheads just started spawning everywhere in random spots with no rhyme or reason. BUT, if there's a player spawn, they all spawn on it. At the same time, perfectly ghosting into one another. Some can be killed, some are like indestructible bricks. It's odd.

I tried resetting the minigame over and over, but the same thing kept happening. Gonna find a way to post pics, but I can recall other players saying that the exact same thing happened to them. Maybe. Not many other Blocklanders appreciate bots the way I do, so it may have just been SIMILAR, but not the same.

We need BuildCycles to work with this. I really don't want to have to set up a separate gamemode for each map.

We need BuildCycles to work with this. I really don't want to have to set up a separate gamemode for each map.
This is a cool idea.

is slayer supposed to try and update to 4.1.1 over and over every time i start bl

Jack, I will have to investigate that when I get some time. I'm sorry it's not working for you. In the meantime, you can spawn the bots at normal Bot Holes and use the "onBotSpawn -> Bot -> SetTeam -> [Custom] [Slayer team name]" to manually add them to a team.

is slayer supposed to try and update to 4.1.1 over and over every time i start bl

No. Please attempt the update, then close your Blockland and post the console log.

Jack, I will have to investigate that when I get some time. I'm sorry it's not working for you. In the meantime, you can spawn the bots at normal Bot Holes and use the "onBotSpawn -> Bot -> SetTeam -> [Custom] [Slayer team name]" to manually add them to a team.

Using the SetTeam event didn't work for me - I know because, when I killed default bots assigned to a Slayer team, and had lives set to one, the round didn't end when I killed them all. It did end when I made team spawns and use the Preferred Bots setting to spawn Slayer-controlled bots.

Why has support for Search and Destroy been dropped? Is it an issue with Blockland or the Add-on itself?

Why has support for Search and Destroy been dropped? Is it an issue with Blockland or the Add-on itself?
Most likely greek doesn't want to take the time to update it to the new system because nobody actually used it.

Most likely greek doesn't want to take the time to update it to the new system because nobody actually used it.
Seeing how CS:GO has increased in popularity over these past months and how the younger audience tends to copy larger franchises ideas, this would be a great time to revamp/continue the SnD gamemode. That's just my 2 cents though.