Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 219957 times)

Damnit.  If only I knew before I made around 150 events with the old minigame events.  Would it be safe to just edit the .BLS events to the new ones then load it after changing Add-Ons?
If the events have the same name then all you should have to do is disable Event_Minigame and enable Slayer and it should work fine.

I'm currently having 3 problems with Slayer:

1. Spectator mode does this weird zoom in camera thing and changes fov, so I have to manually set it back to 90 every time I respawn
2. Sometimes people get stuck in spectator mode when they spawn (happens rarely and I can't really pinpoint any commonality)
3. People can regain control of their player when rounds end (as stated previously, likely some kind of mod conflict)

Some of these problems might just be more mod conflicts, I'm unsure

1. Spectator mode does this weird zoom in camera thing and changes fov, so I have to manually set it back to 90 every time I respawn
2. Sometimes people get stuck in spectator mode when they spawn (happens rarely and I can't really pinpoint any commonality)
3. People can regain control of their player when rounds end (as stated previously, likely some kind of mod conflict)

All of this is happening to me as well.

Same here. Though I don't mind the regaining control when the round ends, because that isn't very game breaking. Though I don't like the stuck in spectator mode part. That one makes the game unfair for the player effected.

Also discovered that minigame favorites are not loading properly. After loading my prison escape save:

I first have to set the gamemode to Team Deathmatch (it starts out blank) and then have to click on each team to make them appear. Also the teams are displaying in a different order in GUI than in /teamcount (Prisoners is first, Guards is second), resulting in my events breaking (though you can probably use team name instead?). I'm not sure how the team numbers got mixed around.

Also, when disabling lights in the mini-game, pressing the light key while alive will put you into spectator mode, allowing players to freely look around the map.

Edit: Well, not quite. It seems to selectively work properly or not.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:55:26 PM by Wesley Williams »

Disabling brick damage doesn't seem to work correctly. Projectiles spawned by events can still do brick damage.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:23:37 PM by Rally »

This is why I don't use V4.

Yeah spectator mode seems to be super broken in v4

Does anyone have a link to a working version of v3? Or Greek are you working on an update?

I'll look into that stuff when I get some time.

I messed with my prefs file so I could do something with another mod and now slayer doesn't load. I undid what I changed and it still gets stuck loading.

Also does the glass version include everything or is it just the core?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:13:38 AM by MoltenKitten »