Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 219528 times)

Thanks Greek! Got my map up and running though! Although I can't change the datablock of the bot, I can still use the ZServer_New Health add-on to set their max health. Works great! Also, I found out that if anyone has that "Bots not showing up" problem, you need to reinstall Blockland. Only way I know of so far.

But yeah, I'll release the map soon! Just gotta work out the kinks. I've even evented some of them to use ults after taking damage. Just like in Overwatch! It's really fun to play, but the weapons needed to be tweaked in order to make the game playable. Unfortunately, I don't know how to release edited add-ons specific to the map. I'm too dumb and impatient to figure it out.

Just one suggestion: Is it possible to release a 32X32 capture plate? Or can I do that myself with a few changes of code? Don't wanna bother you too much, so I prefer to learn how to fish ya know? It's the only thing my map needs, since the bots have a hard time staying on the 16X16 plate while fighting, limiting challenge for players. It's still challenging even without it and still playable and fun, but when the opposing team can't cap the point cause they're running after a bot on the other side of the map, it messes up immersion. They need a "GET ON DA POINT SHHHTUPID!" mentality. XD

will there ever be gamemode_zombie support or am i off my rocker

is slayer supposed to try and update to 4.1.1 over and over every time i start bl
https://gist.github.com/5bf5c05965437751de2bcbb7dda9a7e1

any word on this issue?

not only have i not managed to fix it, but the option to permanently ignore updates for a certain addon in support_updater is not working for slayer

it never endsssss

You have an unzipped copy of Gamemode_Slayer in your Add-Ons folder. Delete the "Gamemode_Slayer" folder, so that there is only a "Gamemode_Slayer.zip" file.

EDIT: Actually, it might be a Blockland Glass issue. Please download a copy of Slayer directly from my website and replace your existing Gamemode_Slayer.zip file. http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Gamemode_Slayer.zip
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:40:32 AM by Greek2me »

In addition to the issue pointed out by Wesley below, team events aren't working with the new slayer.  

For example,
VCE ifValue <var:cl:team> == 1

Doesn't work anymore, used to in a previous slayer.

Also discovered that minigame favorites are not loading properly. After loading my prison escape save:

I first have to set the gamemode to Team Deathmatch (it starts out blank) and then have to click on each team to make them appear. Also the teams are displaying in a different order in GUI than in /teamcount (Prisoners is first, Guards is second), resulting in my events breaking (though you can probably use team name instead?). I'm not sure how the team numbers got mixed around.

Tez, try using <var:cl:teamname> instead.

Thanks for reporting those. When I finally get time, I'll fix them. That could be a while.

If someone else wants to help fix bugs or add features, feel free to PM me for more info!

You have an unzipped copy of Gamemode_Slayer in your Add-Ons folder. Delete the "Gamemode_Slayer" folder, so that there is only a "Gamemode_Slayer.zip" file.

EDIT: Actually, it might be a Blockland Glass issue. Please download a copy of Slayer directly from my website and replace your existing Gamemode_Slayer.zip file. http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Gamemode_Slayer.zip

thanks, i'll give that a try.

Thanks for reporting those. When I finally get time, I'll fix them. That could be a while.

Yes!

lol what would BL be without this addon

lol what would BL be without this addon

Freebuilds and servers on Custom would have a -20% service quality, if you know what I mean...

Slayer, and previously TDM, have both been extremely significant because without them the only servers that could have structured minigames would be those with people who knew how to mod running them. It can pretty much go without saying that a huge amount of gamemodes would never have been made otherwise.

if you're still interested i touched up that slayer logo i made a year and a half ago

Greek, you need to fix that Spectator glitch. Every time I play one round and then go to another, I get put in spectator mode. Please, fix it.

Greek, you need to fix that Spectator glitch. Every time I play one round and then go to another, I get put in spectator mode. Please, fix it.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce that issue and don't have time to track it down. (I'm busy af in real life.)

HOWEVER,
If someone else wants to help fix bugs or add features, feel free to PM me for more info!