Slayer | New Bugfix Update

Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 217297 times)

Hm...THIS looks fun! Thanks Greek!

Hey Greek2me, there seems to be a really weird glitch in all slayer gamemodes for me. No matter what options I seem to choose, something like 50 bots spawn in every gamemode, even Endless Zombies and a normal deathmatch. I can't find any way to stop them from spawning. Do you know whats causing this?  :cookieMonster:

Yo, Greek! I think I might've messed something up! I went into the code and changed the size of the largest CP brick to 64x64 to accommodate the...eccentric bot behavior that we're all stuck with no matter what. Recently, I've discovered that doing this may have messed around with the bots. They're behavior is WAY off now. These issues seem to be randomly initiated, but here's what's goin' on:

-Bot's randomly forget where they're going and become unresponsive to getting shot or spotting a player
-If evented to go to a brick, they'll get confused and instead disengage from their set path and try to get to the control point via running into a wall until they burrow through with sheer will-power
-Some bots will spawn and randomly become inactive from the start

So, yeah...does changing the size of the capture point for some reason confuse the bots now? I have other cp maps where they've worked fine, so I'm gonna go check to see if they still do. The CTF update change anything up?

Is there a way to make capture "zones" for non-uniform or tall capture areas?

Me thinks so. Try going into the code and changing one of the capture bricks to a 64x64x64 brick. Haven't tried that yet, but I noticed that even with the collision off, you can still capture the point. So uhhh...yeah. You probably can since it's not entirely collision based.

ALSO, Greek! About that Bot AI issue...it's not because of something in Slayer. So uh...don't waste your time on trying to figure out what I was talking about. Although I believe the CP point does mess around with a bot's set path just a little bit, it's not glaring, and the rest of the issues happen because of this weapon pack I downloaded. I didn't THINK it was the pack until a few hours ago, but some tests definitely confirmed that it was. Forgive me, Jedi Blockmaster. XD

Hey could you make a reskin of the flag to be a briefcase?

Any reason why i can't scroll down on the color selector? only allows me to interact with the first 3 rows of color, anything below i can't get to.

I apologize for the bump, but it seems that when picking a color for the minigame (for the colorIdx), you can't pick anything past the first two or three rows.
Any fixes?

found a quote from may with the same issue
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:30:39 AM by skill4life »

Jack, thanks for keeping me up to date. Good luck!

Is there a way to make capture "zones" for non-uniform or tall capture areas?

It's a bucket-list item that I just don't have time to work on. If you want, you can add it yourself or convince somebody else to work on it. :)

Hey could you make a reskin of the flag to be a briefcase?

Already exists. Go to the "Advanced" tab and you will see an option to change the flag type. Keep in mind that a server restart is required after changing it.

Any reason why i can't scroll down on the color selector? only allows me to interact with the first 3 rows of color, anything below i can't get to.

found a quote from may with the same issue

Thanks, I forgot about that. Added an issue to the tracker: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issues/261/unable-to-select-all-minigame-colors

Speaking of which, the fumbi flag is awful. It needs to have it's mountpoint set to 8 so that the beam of light will always be pointing straight up, then give it offset so it floats above the player.

Thanks for the tip. Will fix. https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issues/262/fix-fumbi-flag

Hey Greek2me, there seems to be a really weird glitch in all slayer gamemodes for me. No matter what options I seem to choose, something like 50 bots spawn in every gamemode, even Endless Zombies and a normal deathmatch. I can't find any way to stop them from spawning. Do you know whats causing this?  :cookieMonster:

No clue. Does it continue if you end and then restart the minigame?

Any reason why a config_last.cs is not created in config/server/Slayer when I end a slayer minigame?

Trying to follow the gamemode setup instructions from the old topic.

Any reason why a config_last.cs is not created in config/server/Slayer when I end a slayer minigame?

Trying to follow the gamemode setup instructions from the old topic.

Use these instructions: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/wiki/Modding#rst-header-embedding-slayer-in-your-game-mode

The *.csv files will only generate when using the Custom game mode. You can also use favorites files (found in config/client/slayer/config_saved/) since they now have the same format.

Is there a way to manipulate minigame settings via events?
So I could have a default deathmatch minigame (to disable building and stuff), but then when someone presses a button, flags spawn and people are assigned to teams?

Is there a way to manipulate minigame settings via events?
So I could have a default deathmatch minigame (to disable building and stuff), but then when someone presses a button, flags spawn and people are assigned to teams?

Absolutely! However, it's disabled by default. To enable advanced events:

1) Navigate to "config/server/slayer".
 2) Create a new file called ".advancedEvents.txt". Note the "." at the beginning of the file name. The file can be empty.
 3) Start Blockland. You'll notice a security warning in console when starting the server. By default the event is super-admin only. Make it host-only by entering this in console: $Slayer::Server::Events::RestrictedEvent__["Minigame", "Slayer_setPref"] = $Slayer::PermissionLevel["Host"];
 4) Use the Minigame->Slayer_SetPref event. First field is pref category, second is pref title, and third is value. Go here for a listing of pref categories and titles.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:31:21 AM by Greek2me »

I've made it change the fall damage status, but how would one change the game type?
Damage, Falling, 1 works.
Minigame, Game Mode, Team Deathmatch does not work.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:31:04 PM by SuperSuit12 »

Apparently that doesn't work anymore. It's a rarely-used (if ever) feature, so I forgot to update it.

Apparently that doesn't work anymore. It's a rarely-used (if ever) feature, so I forgot to update it.

I hope you aren't talking about changing gamemode because that's used just fine.