Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 217285 times)

Hi guys, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here's the repository: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/overview

Fork away!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:20:04 PM by Greek2me »

Hi guys, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here's the repository: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/overview

Fork away!
Trying to create a pull request gives "access denied".
Can you let any ol' bloke make a pull request please?

Trying to create a pull request gives "access denied".
Can you let any ol' bloke make a pull request please?

I just tried it. You need to make the pull request here, in your own repository: https://bitbucket.org/Crystalwarrior/slayer/pull-requests/

Bitbucket will put the PR in my repo once you submit it.

Was curious if someone could help me out with an odd bug in One Man Army

I have two teams set with their spawn points and everything, it's a Boss hunting down other Players (as the gamemode goes), but on some rounds all players are directed to the Player team instead of the Boss team, leaving the Boss team empty with everyone on the Player team.

If someone could tell me how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

Are there any known addons that crash with slayer?

Code: [Select]
useTeams = true;
disable_teamCreation = true;
default_time = 5;
default_lives = 1;
default_latejointime = 0;
teams_minTeams = 2;
teams_maxTeams = 2;
new ScriptObject()
{
disable_delete = true;
default_name = "Red";
default_color = GetClosestColorID("255 0 0");
};
new ScriptObject()
{
disable_delete = true;
default_name = "Blue";
default_color = GetClosestColorID("0 0 255");
};
This works all fine and dandy.
And I can edit the teams, works just fine. Good.

But if I edit the team and then later edit any other slayer settings, the teams get recreated. So then there's 4 teams, Red, Blue, Red#####, Blue#####. The gamemode is only meant to support 2 teams, and I even set it to a limit of 2 teams.

I'm having trouble replicating this. I did it once accidentally and now I can't make it happen again. Can you give some more detail about how this happens?

New update released! This fixes most of the bugs that people reported.

• New checkTeam, checkTeamCount, onTeamCheckTrue, and onTeamCheckFalse events, courtesy of Crystalwarrior.
  • Fixed "infinite spectating" bug, where players could be stuck in spectator mode.
  • Teams are now loaded correctly from Favorites. (fixed the "New Team" bug)
  • Teams are now displayed in the correct order in the GUI.
  • Added a basic warning when a game mode loaded from Favorites does not exist.

Fantastic!

Slayer is great again! (Thanks to Crystalwarrior/Jack Noir and Greek2me!)

Awesome! I was hoping a bug fix for the team name problem would be introduced.

Also I have a request for team territory. Could you add, as an option, capture point zones instead of just plates?

Edit: Idk if anyone complained about this but the advanced team tab is not working, I cant select anything.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:46:08 PM by Ctrooper »

WOOT WOOT

(couldn't find a gif, sadness)

I'm having trouble replicating this. I did it once accidentally and now I can't make it happen again. Can you give some more detail about how this happens?
Can't seem to replicate it anymore. I'm going to assume this was one of the things that got fixed?

Also I have a request for team territory. Could you add, as an option, capture point zones instead of just plates?

Edit: Idk if anyone complained about this but the advanced team tab is not working, I cant select anything.

I've always wanted to but never have time.

It works for me. It looks like you don't have permission to edit those settings?

Can't seem to replicate it anymore. I'm going to assume this was one of the things that got fixed?

Maybe, but it wasn't intentional. I caused it to happen once, got distracted, and when I came back I couldn't replicate it again.

What do region boundaries do? All they seem to do is limit what spawn points players can spawn at.
The biggest thing you could do to improve Slayer would be to make the region bricks do all the following things (unless they do them already and I'm just dumb):
-Keep players and vehicles that are part of the minigame inside the boundary (with minigame settings for how much it pushes them around or how much it hurts them, both defaulting to zero to maintain current behavior in existing minigames)
-Only run onMinigameReset on bricks inside the boundary (so I can reset minigame A without minigame B's events firing)
-Make everything outside the boundary act like it's not in the minigame (Can't enter vehicles, activate events, or grab items outside the region)

Also, can you make it so we can force bots to be part of a minigame even if we're not in it or online?

You just described exactly what they do, minus the "keeping players inside" part. (you can find other mods for that)

I've updated the Help page to describe how they work. Open the Help tab in the Slayer GUI and you will now see instructions.

And about the bots: yes, that's how they're intended to work, but there's a bug so they stop working when you disconnect. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

They're not stopping the events from running. It seems to be having issues with the fact I'm using a custom colorset, sometimes it changes what color it thinks the minigame is set to and it shows up as orange in the list.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:10:55 AM by SuperSuit12 »