Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 219977 times)

I was referring to the event he's using.

aw, man, because I really wanted to make a server with rotating minigames within a larger map

You can always just make multiple minigames! Use the minigame regions feature.

there's no way to move players between them, and I want them to be in the same section of the map (bricks are deleted, then new ones loaded, entirely done by events with onActivate)

can you move players by changing the default minigame?

Minigame regions? You mean those region bricks are for seperate minigames?

Minigame regions? You mean those region bricks are for seperate minigames?
yeah, all they do is make people spawn on separate spawn points, mostly.

they MIGHT restrict items but I'm not sure.

Yes, they should restrict the items. And I'm going to fix the minigame events.

You can always just make multiple minigames! Use the minigame regions feature.
How does this work exactly? Can I have multiple minigames that people join and leave through events I've placed?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:33:22 PM by DaBlocko »

How does this work exactly? Cab have multiple minigames that people join and leave through events I've placed?
There's a minigame join event, but it's not part of Slayer and I can't find a copy. Didn't I already say this to you somewhere else?

And just place 3+ minigame boundaries in a square, of the same color as the minigame, then players will spawn only at spawn points inside those and can't pick up items in other minigames. IIRC it works on vehicles too, not sure? Just keep them physically separate and the region boundaries will manage spawning if you put four at the corners of a rectangle around each minigame.

There's a minigame join event, but it's not part of Slayer and I can't find a copy. Didn't I already say this to you somewhere else?
Yea, this, but Greek isn't a fan and the file was taken down.

And just place 3+ minigame boundaries in a square, of the same color as the minigame, then players will spawn only at spawn points inside those and can't pick up items in other minigames. IIRC it works on vehicles too, not sure? Just keep them physically separate and the region boundaries will manage spawning if you put four at the corners of a rectangle around each minigame.
Ah ok.  Haven't used Slayer in forever, gotta look into that.

Edit:
Boundaries don't seem to work.

I set up two sets of 3 boundary bricks with spawns in the middle of each set.  One set was painted yellow and one green.  I created yellow and green minigames and joined the green one (neither were default).  Whenever I passed into the other boundary I ctrl+k'd.  Always respawned at the one I had joined, wouldn't respawn me at the other spawn point.

Am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:45:50 PM by DaBlocko »

Could you make it so Slayer supports 3-team infection?

I thought infection worked with as many teams as you wanted.

Yea, this, but Greek isn't a fan and the file was taken down.
The event that I was talking about was also packaged separately and wasn't the thing Greek was upset about, if I understand what was going on there.

Edit:
Boundaries don't seem to work.

I set up two sets of 3 boundary bricks with spawns in the middle of each set.  One set was painted yellow and one green.  I created yellow and green minigames and joined the green one (neither were default).  Whenever I passed into the other boundary I ctrl+k'd.  Always respawned at the one I had joined, wouldn't respawn me at the other spawn point.

Am I doing something wrong?

They're working as intended. You need to manually switch minigames if you want to be part of the other one. The boundary bricks just define what parts of the map each minigame can use.