Slayer | New Bugfix Update

Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 218806 times)

Does this addon still support vce?

Yes! Check out the in-game help menu for a full list of Slayer VCE variables.
that seems a bit counterintuitive to keeping players happy on an infection gamemode server. low-skilled players would get sick of being the starting/alpha zombie every round and never getting to be a human and would ragequit/leave out of frustration, a cycle which would then repeat with the next lowest-skilled person, continually hurting the server's playercount and popularity.

would it be possible to have a queue mechanic put in place so that the same people don't have to continually be alpha zombie every round? eg. people who haven't gone zombie in a while are more likely to get picked? that'd be a great option to have for who gets picked for alpha zombie.

Good point. It's certainly possible, but I'm not sure how much time I have to do it right now. I'll see.

Here's a graph showing the number of users on each version. It's actually a lot better than I thought, with 55% of people having the very recent 4.1.3.

edit: excuse the formatting...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:55:21 PM by Greek2me »

is there a reason why when I place rally points for bots they don't head for them

is there a reason why when I place rally points for bots they don't head for them

The functionality was actually removed. Sorry :/

Is there a way of changing the games win conditions through events?
I.E. conditions are normally time and lives, though would like to be able to disable those for a round via events for some other win condition.

Probably did not describe very well but an example would be CS’s defusal gm. When Bomb is placed, win conditions are no longer all T/CT dead or time, rather the game creates a new condition being explosion / defusal.

If it's events you could always have something trigger one win event to be disabled and another to be enabled whenever

If it's events you could always have something trigger one win event to be disabled and another to be enabled whenever
Well the lives/time win conditions are not events, they’re the minigame. Was hoping something existed to disable/enable them in event form.

well you can always add time to the round. just make it add a stupidly high value to "disable" the time limit, more or less. as for lives, that may be a bit more tricky.

Is there a way of changing the games win conditions through events?
I.E. conditions are normally time and lives, though would like to be able to disable those for a round via events for some other win condition.

Probably did not describe very well but an example would be CS’s defusal gm. When Bomb is placed, win conditions are no longer all T/CT dead or time, rather the game creates a new condition being explosion / defusal.

There is a way to change minigame settings via events, but it's pretty hidden by default.

You need to create a file in config/server/Slayer called ".advancedEvents.txt". Note the period at the beginning. The contents of the file don't matter; it can be blank. This is just to prevent people that don't know what they're doing from destroying things.

Once you create this file and (re)start Blockland, you'll find a new event called Minigame->Slayer_setPref.

The event has three fields. The first is Category, the second is Title, and the third is Value. Each Slayer preference has a category and a title. For the lives preference, these would be "Victory Method" and "Lives", respectively.

So to set the lives to 5, for example, you would create an event like this:
Code: [Select]
onActivate -> Minigame -> Slayer_setPref [Victory Method] [Lives] [5]
Simple! You can find a complete list of preferences here or here.

TLDR: Possible, but requires some setup.

Thanks for that. Going to test it out rn.
Edit: Doesn’t seem to work. Have tried with multiple file types. Version 4.1.4
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:10:07 AM by Blockhead31735 »

Thanks for that. Going to test it out rn.
Edit: Doesn’t seem to work. Have tried with multiple file types. Version 4.1.4

The file type should be ".txt"

Look at the attached screenshot.

Ah there was my mistake. Left the .txt in the name. Will try it out later thanks for speedy response.
Edit: Worked, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:03:06 PM by Blockhead31735 »

Double post. Is there a way to make these events usable by everyone? Right now assume they’re only usable by those with edit permissions.

Day 17 without Gameode_Slayer_Payload.
dying

Double post. Is there a way to make these events usable by everyone? Right now assume they’re only usable by those with edit permissions.

Glad it's working! Yeah, you can edit the file called "restrictedEvents.cs" in config/server/slayer. Look for this line:
$Slayer::Server::Events::RestrictedEvent__Minigame_Slayer_setPref = 1;
You can change it to one of these values:
-1=anyone with edit rights; 0=host; 1=super admin; 2=admin; 3=creator; 4=full trust; 5=build trust

You can also set it to "" to allow anybody to use the event, but I don't recommend that as it could be a security problem.
$Slayer::Server::Events::RestrictedEvent__Minigame_Slayer_setPref = "";
Save the file and (re)start Blockland.