0 (0%)
White
0 (0%)
Orange
0 (0%)
Other (Reply Below)
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Pixel Spells :: Released!  (Read 16995 times)

http://youtu.be/c1D9Ug_EqG8
srry 4 stuff quality

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xgwg7kk3l9kowx/Weapon_PixelSpells.zip
---- Beta Release ----

Changes from alpha
Known stuff
Inspired by Amade's Elemental Spells and inFamous Second Son's video powers, I came up with the idea of basically creating various abilities that are based upon an artstyle of pixels. Each ability will have a unique color to correspond with it.

Planned Abilities:

Rapid Fire Pixel (Blue)
see above
---------------------
-Fast fire rate
-High amounts of damage
-Limited range, projectile dies within a given range
-High amounts of projectile spread

Bomb Pixel (Orange)

--------------------
-When fired it you must wait for the projectile to detonate about a second after maybe
-Projectile will bounce
-Projectile has an arc limiting its range
-Explodes on player impact
-Area of effect damage

Ranged Pixel (Green)
---------------------
-Long ranged (obv.)
-Not a fast fire rate
-High amounts of damage per shot
-maybe require a charge?

Health Pixel (Red Hearts)

---------------------
-heals other players
-Will give cool pixel heart emitters :3
I need help with this one, what should the fire rate be?

Reflector Pixel (Yellow)
---------------------
-Will only protect you from the front
-Reflects projectiles
-Pushes people away
-Cannot damage with it (besides reflecting other projectiles with it)

Soundwise I'm going to probably go with an Atari feel, I'll probably make the sounds myself with vst plugins or just find some online. Don't expect this project to be finished quickly, I'm only going to work on it when I have spare time and feel like working on it. So far I have almost finished the Rapid Fire Pixel and that's it for I have just started a few hours ago. I wasn't planning on making a topic for this, but I need your help. I would like you guys to help me come up with some ideas for abilities. Please keep ideas to things that can actually be done in Blockland and give your idea a color that isn't already used to correspond with it. I'm excited to see what some of you come up with.

Progress: 90%

Updates
---------------------
-4/29/14:
I actually start using this section of the OP
Bomb and Rapid Fire Pixels are done
Every ability so far is in-game (shield not functional)
Ranged Charge sounds fixed
Heal now damages enemies
Brick models finished
-7/28/14
I remember this section of the OP exists
Beta Released
Health Pixel is functional
Reflector Pixel has been put in game
Ranged has been buffed
Bomb spam glitch fixed
Kill/inventory icons in game
Ranged emitter glitch is still not fixed because im lazy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:41:44 PM by Ghille »

I think ranged should be green, health should be red, and bomb should be orange.

should blue be something like ice or water?

I think ranged should be green, health should be red, and bomb should be orange.
I like this idea better.
should blue be something like ice or water?
I don't really want them to be elemental based.

holy snot this is amazing.

you should definitely make one of the colors a shotgun or something

rapid fire is pretty much a shotgun

The rapid fire works practically like a shotgun, despite the point it doesn't kill as fast as a shotgun would. I was considering but I don't think it would be balanced with what abilities I currently have. I'm thinking of making a ability that sort of performs like the rocket l gameplay wise (mainly for the explosive jump), maybe just not as big of a blast radius. I also added a new ability idea.

Edit: I've decided that instead of a new ability what I could do is give the ranged a small teeny explosion. This explosion should only be big enough to explosive jump with and can only be used when the ability is fully charged. The ranged will have two modes, normal fire and charged. Normal fire still has a slow fire rate and doesn't do as much damage, but charged will take about 1 or 2 seconds to charge and gives a one shot kill plus small explosion.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:36:00 AM by Ghille »

can you make wands too

Also, does anybody have an arena styled map we can test these on?
Progress Edit: Today I got the bomb and rapid fire abilities done, got the healing in game (not functional yet), and started on the ranged pixel. I also got some sounds ingame and made the particle effects glow, along with giving the trail fx and explosions lights.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:32:14 PM by Ghille »

can you make wands too
I don't really like this idea tbh, doesn't really fit in my opinion.

Also, I'll be hosting at random times today when testing these, you're welcome to join if you see the server up.

i think the long ranged spell should have an explosion radius, like a fireball or something, so you're not missing all the time when people are jumping up and down like crazy trying to dodge it.

i think the long ranged spell should have an explosion radius, like a fireball or something, so you're not missing all the time when people are jumping up and down like crazy trying to dodge it.
It currently has an explosion radius if charged, you can do some explosive jumps with it :D

I've been trying to figure out how to make the shield look, I think I'll draw out a pixel art shield in paint.net and have the player mount it in game.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:01:21 PM by Ghille »

Perhaps you could use colored pong projectiles?