[Steam Summer Sale] Non-Begging Thread - AFTERPARTY | BUREAUCRACY ABOUND

Author Topic: [Steam Summer Sale] Non-Begging Thread - AFTERPARTY | BUREAUCRACY ABOUND  (Read 18766 times)

Please note: This thread is for non-begging only. If you would like to beg, do it in one of the other threads reserved for begging. The purpose of this topic is to discuss specific deals and mechanics of the 2014 steam summer sale

Previous Threads:
2014 non-begging: (It's this thread you silly)
2014 begging: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=260272.0
2013 non-begging: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=236838.0
2013 begging: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=235163.0
2012 begging: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=198049.0

ENCORE DAY (HOLY stuff)

These deals will last for 24 hours until 10am PDT on 6/30

YESTERDAY'S DEALS

These deals are still available for the next 24 hours, don't miss out! Expires 10am PDT on 6/30

CURRENT FLASH SALES

These deals last for 8 hours each, this current set expires at 10m PDT on 6/29 its over
New deals appear every 8 hours

COMMUNITY CHOICE SALES

Similar to flash sales, they last 8 hours and are refreshed at the same time its over
Be sure to vote every chance you get, you get a trading card for three votes

SUMMER ADVENTURE INFORMATION

Day 1 winner: PURPLE TEAM
Day 2 winner: RED TEAM
Day 3 winner: GREEN TEAM
Day 4 winner: PINK TEAM
Day 5 winner: BLUE TEAM
Day 6 winner: RED TEAM
Day 7 winner: RED TEAM
Day 8 winner: RED TEAM
Day 9 winner: PINK TEAM
Day 10 winner: PINK TEAM

How to get points

How to get summer cards
1 point - Craft any badge for any gameYou get one card for every $10 spent during the sale
10 points - Craft any foil badge for any gameYou get one card for every 3 times you vote in the community choice
10 points - Craft a Summer Adventure BadgeYou get one card if you contributed to your team per day, 2 cards if your team wins
100 points - Craft a foil Summer Adventure BadgeTrade for them or buy them from the market

"Crafting the Summer Adventure badge gets you an in-game item, an emoticon, a profile background, and the chance to get a team token. Crafting another set of cards will level up your badge, get you more items, and earn more points for your Summer Adventure team."

For a full list of all of the possible things obtainable from crafting, as well as a full FAQ, follow this link

TIMEZONE CHEAT SHEET

All times in this thread are given in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) because that's where Valve is based.
BST (add +8 hours to PDT)
GMT (add +7 hours to PDT)
EDT (add +3 hours to PDT)
CDT (add +2 hours to PDT)

BUYING GUIDES & TIPS
Rule #1: Don't buy games unless they're on flash sale, community choice, daily deal, or the date is 6/29
Rule #2: It's possible, but unlikely that deeper discounts will appear on games after daily deal or flash sale. Don't count on it

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:17:09 AM by Treynolds416 »

This should make things a lot nicer

Something up there is stretching the page though, looks like the header image

This should make things a lot nicer

Something up there is stretching the page though, looks like the header image
It's the header. I can cut it down and the island picture too when I get home, this computer only has paint

Edit: so far I bought far cry 3: blood dragon and hotline miami
I also bought gunpoint right before the sale started because it was about to end
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:21:18 PM by Treynolds416 »

It's the header. I can cut it down and the island picture too when I get home, this computer only has paint

Try this

why was this drowned out its so much better

why was this drowned out its so much better
cause everyone here is on food stamps and cannot afford le video game's

Could you add BST, British Summertime to the OP. It's GMT+1, so its +8 hours to PDT.
Not sure if all brits were aware we're in summertime at the moment.

I'm in Green team. Not contributed any points yet though, not enough cards to craft anything yet, and I've not looked at the market (although I did get an extra £2 for selling my foil card from joining a team), and I don't think I'm going to spend $100 on names to earn cards.

Green team was ahead for Day 1, but Purple team has pulled ahead as of recent.
Red is still stuck behind.
I'm assuming the points tally is reset for Day 2 so no one has an established lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JchrydJOEB8
Oh stuff, is the disc drive okay? That's a really cool lookin' case.

I already bought Witcher 2.

I'm in Green team. Not contributed any points yet though, not enough cards to craft anything yet, and I've not looked at the market (although I did get an extra £2 for selling my foil card from joining a team), and I don't think I'm going to spend $100 on names to earn cards.

Green team was ahead for Day 1, but Purple team has pulled ahead as of recent.
Red is still stuck behind.
I'm assuming the points tally is reset for Day 2 so no one has an established lead.
holy stuff purple is so far ahead
Maybe it's because people on purple saw that they were going to win and then decided to actually contribute points so they would get cards. I don't get why you wouldn't give 1 point a day though, you get one card guaranteed...

Also, did you guys see the community choice vote? I like how the choice of RAGE, Bulletstorm, Orion Dino Horde, and Call of Juarez Gunslinger are listed under the category of 'Underrated - FPS' because it's scarily accurate

i really want to pick up rage

That's a pretty stuffty diagram, trog. Lots of games don't go to 75% at all, for example, prison architect's common lowest sale price is 66% off.

Use this chart instead:

My rule is that if the game i want is 5€ or less on daily deal/flash sale, it's mine.