Author Topic: Assimilatory Alien War Debate  (Read 8065 times)

qwep calm down it's fictional entities
none can be calm in the face of idiocy

i mean the shoggoths killed the old ones so they aren't totally immortal

Parasites imply a host.
Tyranids don't use hosts. They just eat the stuff out of whatever they find and make more Tyranids.
Same for Zerg.

Yeah man just possess an extra-dimensional eldritch abomination. Sure. Why not. At the same time I think I'm gonna go take this Tyranid swarm and have them devour some Necrons, see if I get some loving metal Tyranids.
Why the forget not.

Elaborate because you sound like an idiot right now

When a Zerg Queen captures a Terran and converts them, parasitic properties.
Nids, well they kinda steal genes for their own benifit.

and sure, why not.

If C'thulu can exist in a physi-oh wait. Nevermind, people, C'thulu is out of the question now.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Hyper-evolutionary_virus

zerg dont infect their host with a parasite, they mutate them with a virus
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:53:32 PM by tikitai »

When a Zerg Queen captures a Terran and converts them, parasitic properties.

Assimilation =/= parasitism. Unless there is another organism actively benefiting and harming the host organism it is not parasitism.

Nids, well they kinda steal genes for their own benifit.

Th- that's
You-
Holy forgetbaskets.
Sweet richardbagels.
Jesus H. Christ on a flying unicycle.
That isn't parasitism.

and sure, why not.

Here's why not, say it with me:
Because it's handicapped.

What the hell do you guys read space lizard diaries every time you go to bed or something.

Zergs and Nids have semi-parasitic properties.
The vast majority of Tyranids do not use host organisms. At all. Ever. Saying Tyranids are parasites is loving moronic, considering 99.9% of all nids ever are not.

What the hell do you guys read space lizard diaries every time you go to bed or something.
Really, this.. Who the forget has such an extensive knowledge of this stuff, or will ever need it?

Really, this.. Who the forget has such an extensive knowledge of this stuff, or will ever need it?

Because it's a story. And people like stories. It's called enjoyment. Heard of it?

Because it's a story. And people like stories. It's called enjoyment. Heard of it?
pff
pfFSH
stories? what are you GAY? or a KID? nah man i dont like fiction i like MATURE and REAL things.

Real space boogey monsters who hatch into butterflies with lazer tongues after 5 months of hibernating in ultraspace

pff
pfFSH
stories? what are you GAY? or a KID? nah man i dont like fiction i like MATURE and REAL things.
rated M for MAAAAAAAAAAANLY

pff
pfFSH
"This guy thinks that people need not carry an eight page debate about space monsters, he must hate all fiction!"

rated M for MAAAAAAAAAAANLY

Nah man, rated E for EXTRA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANLY

I don't know maybe people who
A) Play the stuff
B) Read the stuff
C) Discuss the stuff
D) Need to know these things so they don't look like blubbering handicaps while doing any and all of the above?