mental handicapation fight

Author Topic: mental handicapation fight  (Read 11767 times)

Sure people could be cheering them on but does that necessarily make them good? No

I show people some bowls I made in woodshop and they flip out and want to buy them for $60 bucks when in reality theyre amateur and only worth $35

I've went through this thread and my breathing just becomes heavier and heavier every time I read Nasoa's posts.

You should do something about that boner.

Sure people could be cheering them on but does that necessarily make them good? No

I show people some bowls I made in woodshop and they flip out and want to buy them for $60 bucks when in reality theyre amateur and only worth $35

sure but making some bowls requires a level of talent

sure but making some bowls requires a level of talent
a level so low that a child could do it

So can we all agree that Taboo has no drawing talent whatsoever?

wait so tabbo is taboo?

Yeah, he's a pretty average. No real talent, y'know.

a level so low that a child could do it
Then why don't masters of art or instruments go on that show and magically win everything?

wait so tabbo is taboo?
brown townblaze is taboo's site and it's in tabbo hotel's profile, so yeah

i for one welcome the return of taboo

Thanks captain, that's what we've been saying.
Attempting to turn this into something personal, aside from being hilarious, is not doing anything because it is totally irrelevant.
Man you are bad at this huh.. you're just as bad as the other kid.

They are still learning and aren't professional musicians yet, but they still went out and performed for people, and the judges recognized they have potential. Re-read the rest of my post. The judges know they aren't as good as professional musicians, they know that they aren't world-class acts. They see that they have the ability and courage to play, and inspire them to continue by putting them through to the next round. I honestly can't believe you two brats are honestly getting upset that the audience clapped and cheered for two aspiring musicians. Pathetic.
Pursuit of this built up on what these judges that don't know the cello told them will only lead them to get shut down if they ever want to be serious about the instrument. What it takes to make a master in any music related field is relentless critique from experience professionals, not mindless bolstering. Your attack about the supposed pedestal I'm placing myself upon is asinine and irrelevant to what I'm saying with my posts. AGT is providing them with an easy pat on the back from people they know they can get a reaction about of without doing much.As someone who has been repeatedly exposed to world-class talent and taught what to listen for, my personal skill playing the instrument is not what I was presenting as my basis.
The difference is being shot-down in front of the whole world vs being critiqued in private lessons with an instructor. These are two young boys who are still young with their instrument. Getting BTFO by the judges over a whole bunch of technical imperfections isn't going to encourage them. "There are people who are uncanny, who are finished products at a young age. I wasn't, thank God.” That's a quote from Itzhak Perlman, an actual masterclass musician who recognizes that young kids are supposed to sound like young kids. Someone who understands that people who have been playing longer will sound better, and that young kids aren't going to be technically perfect. Someone who understands that it takes time for talent to grow.
But this act does not show what talent they may have on a show titled "America's Got Talent". Exactly, their America's Got Talent act does not demonstrate talent.
But it demonstrates potential, which is what the judges saw. You're upset that they didn't show talent, but it's not like they won the competition. They aren't getting awarded anything. I don't see why you, as a "experienced cellist", are trying to say they don't have talent. Do you want to show off that you know more? Do you want to boast about your superiority? Because that's what I get from this thread, especially it's title.

Yeah, he's a pretty average. No real talent, y'know.
Let's post a topic complaining that he has no talent and any praise of his drawings are bull.

Then why don't masters of art or instruments go on that show and magically win everything?
idk how should i know?

brown townblaze is taboo's site and it's in tabbo hotel's profile, so yeah

i for one welcome the return of taboo
i don't he's an starfish and thick-headed