Author Topic: Steve5451 - You don't like anime! Let me demote you and make up some bullstuff!  (Read 16260 times)

then you're not on often, I logged into the chat roughly 5 times, 3 of the times they were doing anime, 2 times it was fine, 1 time it was a drama fest.

3 + 2 + 1 = 5

That's some interesting mathematics there.

While we're sectioning off the different community groups maybe you should go and make a megathread for ignorant, selfish idiots
You know very well what he meant.

You know very well what he meant.

He's talking about forcing people with different interests to stay in a single thread made specifically for the discussion of that interest and not talk about it anywhere else, how is it in any way different from sectioning off the different parts of the community? I didn't agree with forcing the bronies and the furries into their own threads either, even if I don't particularly like looking at anything related to their interests. Granted, it did start to get out of hand with them but it seems like people are starting to use this minor, completely unrelated issue to launchpad an effort to force any discussion of anime into a single thread.

Granted Maxx is a complete idiot and I probably shouldn't take what he's saying seriously or as any indication of what could potentially happen but I can't help but get irritated when people are trying to section off people with different interests on a loving internet forum just because they don't have the same interests.

He's talking about forcing people with different interests to stay in a single thread made specifically for the discussion of that interest and not talk about it anywhere else, how is it in any way different from sectioning off the different parts of the community? I didn't agree with forcing the bronies and the furries into their own threads either, even if I don't particularly like looking at anything related to their interests. Granted, it did start to get out of hand with them but it seems like some people are starting to use this minor, completely unrelated issue to launchpad an effort to force any discussion of anime into a single thread.

Granted Maxx is a complete idiot and I probably shouldn't take what he's saying seriously or as any indication of what could potentially happen but I can't help but get irritated when people are trying to section off people with different interests on a loving internet forum just because they don't have the same interests.

Forgot you can't edit posts in drama, I meant to add "some" before "people are starting to use this minor" because I know that it isn't fair to assume that anything more than the minority is thinking this way.

maxx you uninformed forgetbasket there's been an anime megathred for the past 2 years

He's saying that people with bothering and almost obsessive interests should make a thread before we get a whole mlp situation again.
Sure an anime discussion isn't bad but if people make new threads like this http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=262046.0 as a ''joke'' it's getting really annoying.

why is this still a problem

i don't even see what people are mad at here. the chat really isn't as anime orgy as you guys make it sound like, but most of the conversations do revolve around that topic because the weaboos here are most likely the only sane ones that aren't capable of creating incredibly stupid or snarky comments in the chat room.

3 + 2 + 1 = 5

That's some interesting mathematics there.
roughly
i said roughly

He's saying that people with bothering and almost obsessive interests should make a thread before we get a whole mlp situation again.
Sure an anime discussion isn't bad but if people make new threads like this http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=262046.0 as a ''joke'' it's getting really annoying.

And yet whenever someone makes a drama about stupid fad threads which are also people just making threads as a joke everyone jumps into the drama saying "OMFG YOU WERE ANNOYED ABOUT PEOPLE MAKING THREADS SO YOU MADE ANOTHER THREAD TO COMPLAIN, G loving G LOSERSCRUBMCcigaretteLORD" and don't actually care about the fact that people are making those joke threads. The only difference here is that it's related to anime and not taking a post someone with less than stellar grammar made and editing a certain word into a different word.

[/url]
It was a joke though. I dont know why you put quotation marks around it like it's not.

If people would actually start a conversation other than anime then it wouldn't be a circlejerk like you all claim it to be. Most of the ones who claim it as suck never bother to change the subject, and you are making the chat should a lot worse than it actually it.

Plus, the people who said that they hate it and all that stuff never tell the admins their complaints. We wont ban you for not wanting to talk about anime, or asking us to stop changing the announcement, or to stop with the joke bans.
No, instead you make a public complaint, blowing it way out of proportion and making the chat look bad.

Now, i repeat, if you have an issue with the chat, message Steve or me. If you don't send us a (polite) complaint, we will just assume you don't have any issues with it. For the most part, neither steve or I knew you guys had all these issues and its for the above reasons.

this is what i was saying, ty for helping explain

not only that but Steve told admins/mods to stop jokebanning with risk of demotion

this is what i was saying, ty for helping explain

What you were saying is still a selfish, stupid idea, the fact that someone who is more articulate expressed it for you doesn't change a damn thing.