Author Topic: The Freeware Game Thread  (Read 60591 times)

LIGHTING GRIDS
MAKE IT STOOOOOOOP

nexon fun............

I should post a game
and I will.

Jump:

Jump is a game that is extremely retro and actually serves as a proficient time waster; at least until you loose all your lives. Its one of those games that make you really angry when you died after you go so far.

Yes there are other worlds

Check it out here: http://www.neodelight.com/webgames/jump (is it me or does this page not work on safari? Works on Firefox)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 02:29:49 PM by Radial543 »

Command and Conquer: Gold

Not too long ago, EA released Command and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn for free, for its 12 year anniversary.
If you've never heard of Command and Conquer or wondered what it was about, then you should give this a try.

Note: You must either burn the game to a disc, or use Daemon Tools to install and play the game.

Download: http://www.fileshack.com/browse.x/4280
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 02:44:17 PM by n0cturni »

The retro game up there is a knock-off of this cool game
It's also, free N+ and N game
N+
It's were my av comes from :)
also look here for original flash one
N game
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:09:54 PM by Bind »

The retro game up there is a knock-off of this cool game
It's also, free N+ and N game
N+
It's were my av comes from :)
also look here for original flash one
N game

Its not a knockoff at all. N was actually already posted. If you got far in "Jump" you would see what I mean. Getting coins isn't the sole goal, unlike N.

Its not a knockoff at all. N was actually already posted. If you got far in "Jump" you would see what I mean. Getting coins isn't the sole goal, unlike N.
eh...the look to much alike and N is better anyways =/

Command and Conquer: Gold

Not too long ago, EA released Command and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn for free, for its 12 year anniversary.
If you've never heard of Command and Conquer or wondered what it was about, then you should give this a try.

Note: You must either burn the game to a disc, or use Daemon Tools to install and play the game.

Download: http://www.fileshack.com/browse.x/4280
They're releasing Red Alert 1 tomorrow.

This website gives away sharware games and software everyday. Not piracy.

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/

Ski Stunt Simulator

Ski stunt simulator is a small one player game made by The Computer Sience Department Of The University British Columbia. The game is short and adicting, but freezez now and then on never computers.

Its an old game.

I'm currently playing through N+ on my PSP, and I hate to say it, but there are several factors about the game that I absoloutely hate.

1) The new sounds (basically, everything that isn't teh gold pickup sound) are total stuff and I preferred the old ones, it's almost impossible to hear the chaingun firing.

2) The new graphics. Again, I much preferred the old, simplistic pixel graphics rather than these fancy shaded ones.

3) The way that some levels are harder than a metric assload of stuff, and some are just way too easy to be in the later levelsets in the 3x's.

4) the loving scrolling, that just does my head in, especially when they actually designed the stages to be one or two blocks bigger than the PSP's screen, just to use the scrolling.

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

Yes, that is a crate being hurled into someone's face.

I only recently found out that this game is free, but there is only a mild catch; You have to watch a brief ad when you launch the game, and after you exit the game.

Some of you may remember this game, and even if you don't, you should give this a try.

Brief gameplay video.

Oh and, you will probably have a tough time throwing things with TK like I did. You have to lift the object with TK, release the TK button, and then quickly move the mouse in the direction you want said object to go.

Link: http://files.filefront.com/Psi+Ops+The+Mindgate+Conspiracy+Full+Client/;10665315;/fileinfo.html
Trainerin case you get fed up.: http://www.gamershell.com/download_10189.shtml (I haven't tested this.)
(Links down)

Troubleshooting:
-If you have laggy controls, you probably have an ATI video card like me, and you have to either shut down that ATI thing in the toolbar, or set the game's process to normal or anything below it.

-If you have Avast!, you will have problems with it. Specifically, it catches it as a false positive (It shows up as a virus but it really isn't.). Also a quote; "Fileplanet is offering Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy free but in order for it to be free it is ad supported.  Avast is detecting a sample of Win32:JunkPoly [Cryp] in the executable which is probably the ads.  When I googled this problem I found that apparently only avast is detecting this which leads me to believe that this might be a false positive.  I can run the game if I disable the standard shield which I don't mind but I thought this should be checked out anyway.  Thanks."  Add the game to the exclusions list or whatever. I did a virus scan and it came out clean, and I'm using Windows Live OneCare.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:37:57 PM by n0cturni »

I'm currently playing through N+ on my PSP, and I hate to say it, but there are several factors about the game that I absoloutely hate.

1) The new sounds (basically, everything that isn't teh gold pickup sound) are total stuff and I preferred the old ones, it's almost impossible to hear the chaingun firing.

2) The new graphics. Again, I much preferred the old, simplistic pixel graphics rather than these fancy shaded ones.

3) The way that some levels are harder than a metric assload of stuff, and some are just way too easy to be in the later levelsets in the 3x's.

4) the loving scrolling, that just does my head in, especially when they actually designed the stages to be one or two blocks bigger than the PSP's screen, just to use the scrolling.
options/gamemode/pure
that should fix your problem
and also every game always differs from it's roots
and the scrolling
doesn't happen on the ds [ds is better] ^_^