Is anyone excited for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare?

Poll

Are you excited?

Yes
6 (15.4%)
No
24 (61.5%)
maybe
9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Is anyone excited for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare?  (Read 1706 times)

Like being completely serious, no "0mg call of booty sux a$$" crap. There's no excuse for hating this game before it comes out.
that being said, is anyone looking forward to playing it, either renting or buying? I am, for numerous reasons.

Eventually i'll turn this into a megathread on it when i have time and patience.

im a sucker for exoskeletons and all those things so ill probably take a look at it
maybe i'll be deeply disappointed

I hate COD, but being a past fan I would've considered buying it until I saw it's all "futuristic".

I hate the futuristic shooters, it's also why I skipped Black Ops 2.

I hate COD, but being a past fan I would've considered buying it until I saw it's all "futuristic".

I hate the futuristic shooters, it's also why I skipped Black Ops 2.
But it's a logical move, since the era of WWII and modern warfare games has ended. I mean, there's nothing left to really do with that, they needed to move on. At least with futuristic setting, they have more room to play around without having to be historically accurate

I myself welcome our futuristic gods. The future is an ambiguous thing and as such you can go as far as you'd like with the setting and what exists, because hey iunno what's gonna be down there. I like the designs of the suits, and I'm simply curious if they're going to go farther with it. I feel that Black Ops 2 didn't go far enough with it.

yeah i like the futuristic premise. it gives more room for playing around with new mechanics and ideas, and new mechanics normally leads to more fun

though black ops will always be my favorite CoD 8)

I myself welcome our futuristic gods. The future is an ambiguous thing and as such you can go as far as you'd like with the setting and what exists, because hey iunno what's gonna be down there. I like the designs of the suits, and I'm simply curious if they're going to go farther with it. I feel that Black Ops 2 didn't go far enough with it.
Well to be fair, black ops 2 was their first adventure into the future.

Also keep in mind it is impossible to predict the quality of this game because it's being made by a company that's new to the CoD franchise. It'll be a totally different experience than what either of the other companies produce

can't get hyped about the future unless we're fighting rogue robots, so I guess not. What they need to do is more vietnam junk, 'cept real ass ppl instead of black op nerds.

I kinda wish they would do a world war I setting.

I do think there needs to be more WWI or even good Revolutionary/civil war games. But that'd be to big a risk for any of the CoD developers to try. Maybe as a spin off for like 30 or 40 bucks, or a DLC or something.

Well to be fair, black ops 2 was their first adventure into the future.

Also keep in mind it is impossible to predict the quality of this game because it's being made by a company that's new to the CoD franchise. It'll be a totally different experience than what either of the other companies produce
I forgot about this.

Sure the futuristic setting is logical and it brings new mechanics in to play, but, I dunnno...

I guess my only reason is "I don't like the look and feel of future shooters". You just convinced me to give this game a shot.

While not Call of Duty; Verdun is a game that might be similar to what you're looking for.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/

I've heard good things about it, but fps' generally aren't my cup of tea.

While not Call of Duty; Verdun is a game that might be similar to what you're looking for.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/

I've heard good things about it, but fps' generally aren't my cup of tea.
If i only had money.
If only

If i only had money.
If only
youre buying cod for 60$ and have no money for a 20$ steam game

youre buying cod for 60$ and have no money for a 20$ steam game
The cod game isn't out yet, and i have no money at this moment.