Author Topic: So, what've I missed?  (Read 124084 times)

But what i dislike about him the most is how, lets say i get perma'd once or twice. Then i am offically a problem user i should be banned on sight even if i had changed.
well of loving course you're a problem user if youve been banned before
name another website that welcomes you back after multiple permanent bans because none are coming to mind right now

When people are shooting down everybody's new ideas because of one or two factors that might piece apart from Blockland's "style", we can now source the reason why the game is falling down. We shouldn't have to rely on Badspot at all for new content, and I'm sure if we had a more fluid addon buildup instead of a few cars and maybe 1 or 2 weapon packs, he'd make maybe a few more efforts to add to Blockland.

well tou can play other ganes like roblox or minecraft with like zero mod support. jumping through hoops to bring your own loving content into it.

wow you are such a rooster sucker jesus christ.

so i'm automatically trying to get on baddie's nice list by stating my opinion on the community's attitude towards him?

i don't give a stuff about what badspot thinks of me, i really don't. there have been quite a few examples of people just being plain cunts.

Badspot doesn't seem to understand that if your game has a community and it's dependent on the updates (as blockland is) that it needs to be updated atleast once a month or something. But what i don't seem to understand is that badspot traded dirt for stuff. Yes maps looked bad, and yes they caused some bugs. But v21 is worse because before v21 i didn't get any problems. And now blockland is buggier than before. The only reason he updated it was because he hated maps (also he wanted more money). But what i dislike about him the most is how, lets say i get perma'd once or twice. Then i am offically a problem user i should be banned on sight even if i had changed.
if you seriously think any game that has a community requires constant monthly updates then i have no problem calling you a problem user, and am hoping you get banned for your stupidity and for begging waaayyy too much

with the portion of piece of stuff kids who are blindly with no actual opinion following the other piece of stuff kids who genuinely disagree with badspot but take out said disagreement in an inept and actually disgustingly inappropriate manner, i contend with the amount of surprise i have in me that badspot has not actually killed himself or stopped replying altogether

i still trust badspot and this community. what other game has kept you playing for years on end?

Badspot doesn't seem to understand that if your game has a community and it's dependent on the updates (as blockland is) that it needs to be updated atleast once a month or something. But what i don't seem to understand is that badspot traded dirt for stuff. Yes maps looked bad, and yes they caused some bugs. But v21 is worse because before v21 i didn't get any problems. And now blockland is buggier than before. The only reason he updated it was because he hated maps (also he wanted more money). But what i dislike about him the most is how, lets say i get perma'd once or twice. Then i am offically a problem user i should be banned on sight even if i had changed.

No it's not. Blockland has never even once crashed on me. Have you considered that the reason behind why it isn't being updated is because there's nothing to fix?

User was banned for this post

Called it.

User was banned for this post
RIP

hah. forgeter got what he came for, didn't he

There is this toxic concept of "idea stealing" that is deeply engrained in the community so that no one ever releases anything that they've made.  They run a server, then they stop and their creation is never seen again.  No one is allowed to play with their ball without them.  

I don't know if there isn't enough glory in releasing a game mode or if Blockland just appeals to the wrong end of the psychological spectrum or if there some other flaw in the system, but this is the problem.  It's not technological, it's sociological.  

I remade speedkart to show people the potential of the gamemode system and to make a fun game based on community creations, and all people do is stuff on me for "stealing" it.  

The whole "idea stealing" thing has been around forever. I've noticed this outside of Blockland too. I could give many examples, but I'll give one that's more similar: look at Garry's Mod. I've played plenty of servers on there that introduced a wonderful new gamemode or modification where, after the server disappeared, the gamemode/modification was gone forever because they didn't share it. In all honesty it seems like a problem with open games like this that can be modified extensively. When you give them too much openness, they close the door on others around them. It's sad, but that's what it seems like.

I really am sorry that people choose to be hateful and bash on you when you're just trying to add stuff to keep your game alive and easy to modify.

honestly what did you expect st8er
you talk stuff you get hit blah blah blah