Author Topic: So, what've I missed?  (Read 124085 times)

And now blockland is buggier than before.
yes and this is coming from a guy who can only run BL at 15 fps on windowed mode

This is total bullstuff.  Almost all gameplay features are open source and use the same add-on system that is exposed to modders.  The add-on system is easy to use, reasonably compartmentalized, the gamemode system provides accessibility for uninformed users.  There is no game that has better mod support than Blockland. 
Modders are still limited in what is possible. A lot of the stuff from this list is reasonable, they all make it easier/possible to create new kinds of content.

I really am sorry that people choose to be hateful and bash on you when you're just trying to add stuff to keep your game alive and easy to modify.

lol now st8ter THIS is what i call richard suckin

yes and this is coming from a guy who can only run BL at 15 fps on windowed mode
What?  Performance has nothing to do with bugs in a game.  Before you insult somebody, know what you're talking about please.

What?  Performance has nothing to do with bugs in a game.  Before you insult somebody, know what you're talking about please.
Actually I've found physics to be buggier if the server is having a low FPS or lagging

The whole "idea stealing" thing has been around forever. I've noticed this outside of Blockland too. I could give many examples, but I'll give one that's more similar: look at Garry's Mod. I've played plenty of servers on there that introduced a wonderful new gamemode or modification where, after the server disappeared, the gamemode/modification was gone forever because they didn't share it. In all honesty it seems like a problem with open games like this that can be modified extensively. When you give them too much openness, they close the door on others around them. It's sad, but that's what it seems like.

I really am sorry that people choose to be hateful and bash on you when you're just trying to add stuff to keep your game alive and easy to modify.
Yeah, this kind of attitude really sucks. I can recall Truce dangling all his cool private add-ons over his head instead of improving the game. If you're really concerned about people stealing a build that you worked hard on, all you have to do is make sure you can prove that you made it.

Modders are still limited in what is possible.
Hence the term modding. Modding has limits, and half the challenge/fun is trying to bend those limits without relying on dev support. To have total creative freedom would require you having the source code, and by that point you're pretty much making your own version of the game.

welll. badspot could let us save entire gameplay packages when joining a server. similar to how we take block saves at will.

force people to gain thier fame by having thoer name on the better mod. make mpdders compete for quality.
instead of just having the only one that exists.

never again will people wonder where and how they can find and use the content they want :)

kill private mods. if they are toxic to the future of the game. forget em.

lol now st8ter THIS is what i call richard suckin

No, it's called experience.
You know how much I deal with open source software? You know how much this problem occurs with that? Outside of making your software GPL so that others are forced into sharing their modifications to source code, people will try to close the door on others and keep things to themselves.

Then, when you try to ask them for their modifications, they basically tell you to forget right off. The problem with idea stealing is very real pretty much everywhere.

Not really an insult and more of a joke, lighten up a bit

after all blockland hasn't gotten buggier imo. it just has all the bugs it's always had. i've never experienced any new problems.

this so much

you can't kill a private mod

I'd still like it if 1/3 brick tall plates didn't stop my tank though.