Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 21898 times)

AND STOP INSISTING THAT ALL GAMES HAVE TO BE TWITCH SHOOTERS.
I miss strategy games, turn based rpgs and strategy games, squad based shooters, squad turn based games, and real time tactics games.

Instead everyone wants emulate the super fast twitch games like cod, moh, bf. Now this way of think has creeped into the rts realm and there are those abominations called mobas.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:44:34 PM by Harm94 »

I miss strategy games, turn based rpgs and strategy games, squad based shooters, squad turn based games, and real time tactics games.

The forgotten genre, don't worry, at least we have the HD editions of the old games to keep us happy for a while.

Then make them yourself lol.

The forgotten genre, don't worry, at least we have the HD editions of the old games to keep us happy for a while.
I hope 2015 marks the beginning of a golden age seeing as how the first CNC came out in 1995 and it has been almost 20 years since its release.

So far here is what is coming out:
Planetary Annihilation
Hearts of Iron 4
Act of Aggression
Civilization 6

It would be nice if more people were making these kinds of games. I think you can rightly blame developers for that.

It would be nice if more people were making these kinds of games. I think you can rightly blame developers for that.
It's the publishers fault. The board of directors and investors of these companies as of lately look at the success of the shooter franchise and have decided that is what they are going to invest into.

Because of them, they have created a large consumer base consisting of people who don't want to take time to learn things. "Oh this game is not cod. rip off, gay, stuffty"
or "game is too hard, it sucks."

Like seriously, when was the last time you lost a game? Now you just get sent back to the last checkpoint, or you can just hide and recharge your health until the bloody screen goes away.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:00:19 PM by Harm94 »

It's the publishers fault. The board of directors and investors of these companies as of lately look at the success of the shooter franchise and have decided that is what they are going to invest into.

Because of them, they have created a large consumer base consisting of people who don't want to take time to learn things. "Oh this game is not cod. rip off, gay, stuffty"
or "game is too hard, it sucks."

Like seriously, when was the last time you lost a game? Now you just get sent back to the last checkpoint, or you can just hide and recharge your health until the bloody screen goes away.
Hey, at least they added in integration with social media, I bet you no NES games had that.

Ironically the first InternetAristocrat video posted is one of the best examples of shoddy journalism I've ever seen.

Except IA said he wasn't a journalist, and I doubt he ever claimed to be one

Notice how he uses Jesse Ventura as the intro? He acknowledges not everything is concrete proof lol

Also there's something about a Vegas trip with Grayson and Quinn before April, Idk about that I just heard that said in passing

If a majority of gamers are going to act like little cry-babies because somebody made a game they probably haven't played and won't ever play, and because a woman came and made some videos about why she doesn't like games, unless they man the forget up, actually engage with the content and then make a serious review about why they don't like it without resorting to moronic death/rape threats, they should have no right to own any form of communication whatsoever, and we should lock them away forever.

Except there are legit criticisms of Anita, such as that video of her in the Univeristy claiming she hates video game violence, she cherry picks a lot of things in games that also have positive portrayals of women in the same game (see her completely ignore Bonnie Mcclyde in RDR yet talk about the Mexican Woman), its just that Anita rarely ever discusses legit criticisms and everyone on her side overhypes the minority death/rape threats, and claims that's her only opposition

Edit: Oops double post

dude, did you take a class or something?  you're acting like a pretentious douchebag that took a class about game design and suddenly knows everything about it.
I feel like this can be applied to everything Jobless says.

Except IA said he wasn't a journalist, and I doubt he ever claimed to be one

Notice how he uses Jesse Ventura as the intro? He acknowledges not everything is concrete proof lol

Also there's something about a Vegas trip with Grayson and Quinn before April, Idk about that I just heard that said in passing
So what the forget is he then and why are his viewers taking everything he says as fact?

He's essentially a ranter, somebody facilitating discussion on the web. He doesn't hold any more credibility and technical authority than you or I, he just makes long videos with a lot of talking points of variable qualities on certain subjects

As for taking things as facts, I think people love to call out clickbait websites on their stuff, and people who propel themselves to arguably privileged positions by calling out harassment
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:51:30 PM by Dodger »

Urgent Bump

-fakepicsnip-

Sorry for the pagestretch but it's hard to read when resized.

EDIT: Nvm it's fake
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:07:38 PM by Frostbyte »

I highly doubt that

and even if for some reason it was true, she wouldn't do it with that picture circulating around

Also some more relevant stuff about this