Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 21889 times)

The Fine Young Capitalists, which was a GameJam which allowed for women who've never designed a game before to come together with professional concept artists and developers and get their ideas turned into an actual game, with the proceeds going to charity and the women.

The link was here, but as you can see it's an "Invalid Page".
Oh yeah, that was that thing that Zoe absolutely rekt with her male drones. Looks like she's possibly at it again.

It absolutely stuffs me that, regardless of if it was her the second time or not, a barely talented hack can sleep her way to stardom and then pull a very encouraging movement from under them.

The worst bit is that the game ides were actually really, really cool. If this had lasted a few more days so I could get my money, I would have paid out. Damn loving shame now.

Zoe is bascially destroying any chance for women to be apart of the game industry independently. Shes like the Ann Putman of the Salem Witch Trials, accusing anyone she doesn't like of being a bad person and sending droves of mindless, gullible followers after then

Shes basically saying "IF I CANT BE A GAME DEVELOPER NO WOMAN CAN"

Zoe is bascially destroying any chance for women to be apart of the game industry independently. Shes like the Ann Putman of the Salem Witch Trials, accusing anyone she doesn't like of being a bad person and sending droves of mindless, gullible followers after then

Shes basically saying "IF I CANT BE A GAME DEVELOPER NO WOMAN CAN"
she tweeted that they wouldn't pay her, that was really it.  you can feel as oppressed as you want tho

On the topic of Zoe Quinn being a "game" developer.

Was depression quest even, yknow a game?

It just looked like a large paragraph with some multiple choice buttons to press to me.

It just looked like a large paragraph with some multiple choice buttons to press to me.
she was probably depressed for some dumb reason and made a game about herself. i mean i "played" the game and it was so boring jesus, the main character was loving a debby downer and didnt know how to seek help.

That's what I think is so stupid. How did a story make it on to a game platform so quickly (one month). Extremely suspicious and piss-off worthy.

It is an Interactive Fiction.

At first it was labelled as such on their site, but somehow somebody got it into their head that, because it has the bare minimum level of interaction, it's suddenly a video game, despite having no game mechanics whatsoever. Because of this, there's no immersion or engagement, and so the audience will get bored almost immediately and quit.

The only reason they'd stay is if they enjoy a poorly crafted story. I'm sure, given the same stretch of time she used, I could have written a much more entertaining story that covers depression.

Btw guys theres a new internet aristocrat video on this thing if you're interested, id link but on mobile right now.

Ontopic: Am I the only one that thinks her "game" looks like a tumblr page of some kind or like a website with a few links so its choose your own adventure?

I mean just:

Does this not look like a Tumblr page to you guys?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:15:27 AM by Frostbyte »

Btw guys theres a new internet aristocrat video on this thing if you're interested, id link but on mobile right now.
I think both have already been linked, but I'll go ahead and post again just in case.

The Five Guys Saga
In-N-Out Edition

EDIT:
Ontopic: Am I the only one that thinks her "game" looks like a tumblr page of some kind or like a website with a few links so its choose your own adventure?
Essentially, yeah. To be fair, there's no real point to get complex if you're making a Choose Your Own Adventure, since the web interface works fine. Too bad the design is awful and the music becomes painful after it loops a few times. Is there a way to turn it off?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:17:44 AM by McJobless »

Mute your PC I guess?

Not like you're gonna miss out on anything audiowise from it anyways.

Mute your PC I guess?
But I was hoping to hear gunshots from the main character killing Zoe Quinn for creating such a stuffty story for him.

How bad is this story like, pretentious hipster bullstuff levels on the edge?

Please someone summarize it for everyone in this thread, I think we could all use a good chuckle.

How bad is this story like, pretentious hipster bullstuff levels on the edge?

Please someone summarize it for everyone in this thread, I think we could all use a good chuckle.
It's not that bad, I guess. I'm not very good with calling things out as being hipster.

My summary would be a dude is in a relationship and is working, but he has depression and so both are kinda starting to fail because of it. As you push through the story your friends start to catch on if you choose to slip them hints, and eventually they suggest you go to a councillor, and you're also recommended pills, but you can turn both down. Don't remember the ending.

It is an Interactive Fiction.

At first it was labelled as such on their site, but somehow somebody got it into their head that, because it has the bare minimum level of interaction, it's suddenly a video game, despite having no game mechanics whatsoever. Because of this, there's no immersion or engagement, and so the audience will get bored almost immediately and quit.

The only reason they'd stay is if they enjoy a poorly crafted story. I'm sure, given the same stretch of time she used, I could have written a much more entertaining story that covers depression.

dude, did you take a class or something?  you're acting like a pretentious douchebag that took a class about game design and suddenly knows everything about it.

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_fiction "Works in this form can be understood as literary narratives and as video games."