Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 21750 times)

So are we done overblowing something that has ultimately no effect on gaming yet, so we can focus on actual issues pertaining to gaming, or is this thread going to get another 10 pages of the same thing?

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2ecj0a/quinnspiracy_theory_innout_edition/

wow a thread in r/gaming where the mods aren't white knighting by carpet bombing comments

looks like somebody realized their own bullstuff

So are we done overblowing something that has ultimately no effect on gaming yet, so we can focus on actual issues pertaining to gaming, or is this thread going to get another 10 pages of the same thing?

>Games board exists
>We want to make sure it doesn't affect gaming ever

just go there

>implying it affects gaming at all

looks like zoey quinn forgeted another man  :cookieMonster:

Even the Gears of war guy is a shill.

Jesus loving Christ what is with you?
It matters that the only reason InternetAristocrat made a video on anything to do with gaming journalism or gaming in general is because an SJW is involved. I hold no respect for people who use gaming or and other subject as a springboard for their own personal/political agendas. That is dishonest. You get this now or what?
This is completely false and you are the one using this issue to push an agenda.
You are dishonest and a hypocrite.

Go be a SJW shill somewhere else for forgets sake.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:53:57 PM by DrenDran »

How is that completely false? IA and the rest of his troupe could not give a stuff about the rest of gaming journalism becuase it has nothing to do with SJWs.

Good job being a loving tool DrenDran.

Another point, how are SJW's something that needs the most publicity? Yes, let's yell about SJW's, not like corporate mis-marketing, vertical slices, paid reviews from triple A companies, and sponsored videos that skim over negative aspect of a game, because hey, look, SJWs sure as hell are the most pressing issue to video games and video game journalism to date!

loving pathetic.

I swear, if you loving friends stirred up this much of a controversy over day 1 DLC, vertical slices, or the lack of innovation in video games then all of that stuff would change for the better. But no, let's complain about SJw's and overblow some incident that won't matter at all in the long run.

Like I said, loving pathetic.

How is that completely false? IA and the rest of his troupe could not give a stuff about the rest of gaming journalism becuase it has nothing to do with SJWs.

Good job being a loving tool DrenDran.
No you and people like you loving piss me off so much.
What part of "acceptable targets" don't you underlovingstand?
If a black cop shoots an unarmed white man it gets no coverage and they story is suppressed.
If a white cop shoots an unarmed black man it's a national news story about how "racial tensions" are rising or some loving bullstuff.

IA and people like him are some of the only people on the internet not afraid to call out people who everyone else refuses to criticise.
He calls out minorities, SJWs, women, and other people not traditionally considered "acceptable targets" for otherwise reasonable criticism.
If a man at Ubisoft tried any of this stuff you'd be loving all over him, calling for his head. He'd be fired imminently before the accusations were even verified.
But noooo it's an indie dev, and a woman, well gee, any criticism towards her *must* be loving misogyny.

Screw you if you can't see the need for there to be critics that call out the people most refuse to.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:07:46 PM by DrenDran »

No you and people like you loving piss me off so much.
What part of "acceptable targets" don't you underlovingstand?
If a black cop shoots an unarmed white man it gets no coverage and they story is suppressed.
If a white cop shoots an unarmed black man it's a national news story about how "racial tensions" are rising or some loving bullstuff.

IA and people like him are some of the only people on the internet not afraid to call out people who everyone else refuses to criticise.
He calls out minorities, SJWs, women, and other people not traditionally considered "acceptable targets" for otherwise reasonable criticism.
If a man at Ubisoft tried any of this stuff you'd be loving all over him, calling for his head. He'd be fired imminently before the accusations were even verified.
But noooo it's an indie dev, and a woman, well gee, any criticism towards her *must* be loving misogyny.

Screw you if you can't see the need for there to be people that call out the people most refuse to.
Thank you for admitting that people don't really see this as an issue with video game journalism or video games in general but as an issue with SJWs. Thanks man, that's all I wanted.

Let me sing you a song of bravery now.
Bravely bold Internet Aristocrat!
Rode forth from Camelot.
He was not afraid to die,
Oh brave IA
He was not at all afraid
To be killed in nasty ways.
Brave, brave, brave, brave Internet Aristocrat
He was not in the least bit scared
To be mashed into a pulp.
Or to have his eyes gouged out,
And his elbows broken.
To have his kneecaps split
And his body burned away,
And his limbs all hacked and mangled
Brave Internet Aristocrat.

>implying it affects gaming at all

it might

you never know, devs love sucking up to radical SJWs

I swear, if you loving friends stirred up this much of a controversy over day 1 DLC, vertical slices, or the lack of innovation in video games then all of that stuff would change for the better. But no, let's complain about SJw's and overblow some incident that won't matter at all in the long run.

Like I said, loving pathetic.

>see Watch Dogs, Any recent Call of Duty, any gaming forum

People bitch about those things too, its just that this has so much BS going on with Zoey's white knight brigade censoring everything and every major gaming personality minus Jontron mindlessly defending her, and that this has only gone on for so long while the other problems you mentioned have been going on and criticized over time rather  than an explosive short term discussion like this

Also, this will matter in the long run, because people from both sides will use this story as evidence when a similar situation comes up, I guarantee you, and the chip in of other game developers into the situation would probably affect the attitude of developers (Indie and possibly AAA) towards their consumer base

Thank you for admitting that people don't really see this as an issue with video game journalism of video games in general but as an issue with SJWs. Thanks man, that's all I wanted.
You're so goddam loving dense.
I said that there are people out there giving legitimate unbiased criticism of people, but they choose to focus on the people others refuse to target.
Getting upset at a black man (or woman or insert-minority-here) because they raped someone isn't "racism" or "focusing on racial issues" it's getting upset because rape is bad.

You're basically saying "sure, she did something wrong, but she's a woman, so it's misogyny to criticise her".
Is that not what you're saying?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:21:05 PM by DrenDran »

Quote from: Dodger link=topic=265215.msg7810691#msg7810691
Also, this will matter in the long run, because people from both sides will use this story as evidence when a similar situation comes up, I guarantee you, and the chip in of other game developers into the situation would probably affect the attitude of developers (Indie and possibly AAA) towards their consumer base
So pretty much not at all? If we've seen anything at all from major gaming companies is that they really don't give a stuff about their consumer base.

You're so goddam loving dense.
I said that there are people out there giving legitimate unbiased criticism of people, but they choose to focus on the people others refuse to target.
Getting upset at a black-man/woman/insert-minority-here because they raped someone isn't "racism" or "focusing on racial issues" it's getting upset because rape is bad.

You're basically saying "sure, she did something wrong, but she's a woman, so it's misogyny to criticise her".
Is that not what you're saying?
Did you even pass 8th grade English?
It doesn't matter that it's considered acceptable. It matters that the only reason InternetAristocrat made a video on anything to do with gaming journalism or gaming in general is because an SJW is involved. I hold no respect for people who use gaming or and other subject as a springboard for their own personal/political agendas. That is dishonest. You get this now or what?
That includes Zoe Quinn and IA. They're two opposite sides of the spectrum and they're both toxic to video games as a whole.

Tl;dr Get the forget out if you're only using video games as a springboard for politics.

I've never used a block script before and generally oppose them but I'm seriously considering one for this guy, and would suggest ya'll do the same.

Basically he posts a contrarian opinion with no backing, then when you write out multiple paragraphs to refute it, you get a generic one line insult like this:
Did you even pass 8th grade English?
This is indicative of trolling and eventually he'll just slip up and get banned again. Ignore him.

I've never used a block script before and generally oppose them but I'm seriously considering one for this guy, and would suggest ya'll do the same.

Basically he posts a contrarian opinion with no backing, then when you write out multiple paragraphs to refute it, you get a generic one line insult like this:This is indicative of trolling and eventually he'll just slip up and get banned again.

Ignore him.
>no backing
>trolling

Damn, you finally stuck your fingers in your ears.

I'd just like to point out that DrenDran said I have "no backing" when he said all I was saying is "your loveist" despite me saying nothing to even imply he was loveist.

That's funny.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:37:08 PM by ZombiLoin »