Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.

Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 21742 times)

wow I completely forgot about nigahiga

wow I completely forgot about nigahiga
i thought they died with the scene kids

august 19

she clearly doesnt like video games because she released a bad novel instead of a game but still forced it through

the post limit per day on tumblr is 250 posts nice try though

she says again and proceeds to continue posting about it just as frequently again
by the way:

im still not over this theres till like. 40 people out there supporting her and that's ridiculous nobody should

The only thing that people should be backing her on is starfishs who are using death threats/loveist remakes etc against her and her family/friends. That stuff is right out.

All the other criticism is entirely valid, however, and the fact she's trying to turn this into a bigger drama than it needs to be is ridiculous. It shouldn't even concern her any more, since the big problem is the journalists.

ok jesus christ i see your point drendran

I played it once again, one last time so I could do a kind of dissection for my game design class today.

They were trying too hard with the music. I think that if they hadn't used music at all, or if it faded out over time, it would have worked a lot better.

The gameplay is obviously atrocious. I thought every kid ever learned "Show, don't tell"? Apparently the author didn't. The crossed out dialogue options were a nice touch, but the pictures that had barely any relation to the subject matter, and the overall storyline...I really didn't care for the character or his plight.

Coming Out Simulator was far better than this, and it didn't get half the reaction this one did. It actually felt like Coming Out Simulator was made by somebody who cared deeply about the subject, over somebody who just read about depression and wrote a short novel on what they thought it would be like.

Zoe Quinn apparently sabotaged a female game development team to bring attention to her own game.

Coming Out Simulator was far better than this, and it didn't get half the reaction this one did. It actually felt like Coming Out Simulator was made by somebody who cared deeply about the subject, over somebody who just read about depression and wrote a short novel on what they thought it would be like.
coming out simulator is based upon the experiences of the guy who made the game coming out.

I think we should all be glad Zoe Quinn isn't even offering a penny for her godawful game.

I think we should all be glad Zoe Quinn isn't even offering a penny for her godawful game.
Its a "pay what you want" game on her site, but she couldnt incorporate that system to steam so it had to be free

Its a "pay what you want" game on her site, but she couldnt incorporate that system to steam so it had to be free
Either way. Spending any money on that game should be considered swindling.

you can greenlight a game and make it free?

you can greenlight a game and make it free?
Blockland time until greenlit: Sept. 12 2012 - Aug. 28 2013
Depression Quest time until greenlit: December 2013 - January 2014

Why does Blockland take a year to get greenlit but what's basically a 'text adventure' takes only a month?

Also, read the facebook comments here if you want to rage:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130525-Depression-Quest-Dev-Faces-Harassment-after-Steam-Submission

Blockland time until greenlit: Sept. 12 2012 - Aug. 28 2013
Depression Quest time until greenlit: December 2013 - January 2014

Why does Blockland take a year to get greenlit but what's basically a 'text adventure' takes only a month?

Also, read the facebook comments here if you want to rage:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130525-Depression-Quest-Dev-Faces-Harassment-after-Steam-Submission
because badspot isn't a prostitute