How have your parents tried to shield you from the internet?

Author Topic: How have your parents tried to shield you from the internet?  (Read 3501 times)

my parents dont think i do what i do on the internet

they know i talk to internet people sometimes and theyre ok with it

they got a load of romans and made a shield wall it was horrible

as long as i'm not looking at research or doing anything illegal, they don't care

as long as i'm not looking at research or doing anything illegal, they don't care
my mom doesn't even care if I look at research
and as long as it wasn't like, drugs or cp or something, I don't think she cares about illegal stuff either

net nanny

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=106766.0
it was dark times
my mom still won't let me get a facebook because she thinks that it's dangerous for teenage girls. i don't really blame her though, some of the men on there are creepy as forget and i already get harassed enough by thirsty dudes at school

i don't really blame her though, some of the men on there are creepy as forget and i already get harassed enough by thirsty dudes at school
You do get full control of who can see and/or comment on your profile/activity, plus you can completely block people from seeing your account.

If there are people on facebook who harrass you or creep you out you can remove them (you'd have to friend them in the first place, or be posting all your stuff as public rather than available only to your friends).
And there are report features too.

Facebook is very safe so long as you utilise it's safety features.

my mother is not adept at computers and probably doesn't know any of that

the most she can do is install a bunch of coupon toolbars on everyone's computers and give everyone adware so my dad has to spend an hour cleaning it all up

my mom doesn't even care if I look at research
and as long as it wasn't like, drugs or cp or something, I don't think she cares about illegal stuff either
drug research

my mother is not adept at computers and probably doesn't know any of that

the most she can do is install a bunch of coupon toolbars on everyone's computers and give everyone adware so my dad has to spend an hour cleaning it all up
Well, you can always try and educate her on the matter.
But it's your choice if you would like to use Facebook or not. I would say it's nothing to be scared of if you're responsible with it, and it can be a very good tool.

my mom still won't let me get a facebook because she thinks that it's dangerous for teenage girls. i don't really blame her though, some of the men on there are creepy as forget and i already get harassed enough by thirsty dudes at school
Facebook is a stuff website anyway.

My mom once saw me playing Blockland and there were guns so she stuff herself. She never did anything about it though.