will you buy the new 3ds?

yes
25 (32.5%)
no
28 (36.4%)
maybe
24 (31.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: so how do you guys feel about the "new" nintendo 3ds?  (Read 5202 times)

im notbuying it because idgaf about nintendo systems but i think its a meh business move.

afaik games made for the new 3ds won't be compatible with the old one so its basically a new console, which isnt a very good move on nintendos part.  I mean look back at sega when they finally died in the console business starting with the genesis, and then the CD, so on and so forth.  By the time the dreamcast came out (which was a fairly decent console) everyone had already lost faith in sega because they kept on releasing a console and saying "ok this is next gen" and then realizing that their console wasn't on the level it needed to be, thus making a new one and saying the same stuff.  Doing that over and over is what killed them because no one trusted the consoles would REALLY BE the next gen sega console. mut meh, the 3ds is selling pretty well so we'll see what happens.

it still baffles me that teenagers my age play on nintendo consoles
yeah forget those loving FILTHY CASUALS #justdewit

afaik games made for the new 3ds won't be compatible with the old one so its basically a new console, which isnt a very good move on nintendos part.
y not

gosh dang it why can't i play pikmin 3 on my wii nintendo... i think the fact that they called it a 3DS is confusing a lot of people lol

also i looked out of curiosity and the gameboy advance came out three years after the gameboy color
look at when the 3DS came out. coinisidnense as hekk dogge. the DSi also came out around the same amount of time after the original DS
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:55:03 PM by otto-san »

yeah forget those loving FILTHY CASUALS #justdewit
he never said anything about casuals :/

tbqf i see his point, it seems like most people in my school "matured" or more accurately are beginning to ignore (handheld) consoles and adopted mobile gaming, with a few exceptions of course.

y not

b cuz they actually changed the performance

they raised the clock speed or some shiz

reviewtechusa has a video on it

b cuz they actually changed the performance

they raised the clock speed or some shiz
was referring to where you said it was a bad idea on nintendo's part

i'm aware that it's technically a better platform (like how i sneaked my opinion in there it was good right)

2 Questions.

1. Is it matte like the bottom of the DS Lite? I hated the shinyness of the 3ds.

2. Can you trade your (current version) 3ds for this?

2. Can you trade your (current version) 3ds for this?
probably not for equal value

probably not for equal value
As long as it ain't by a whole lot, I'd get a normal sized one.

jesus forget off nintendo. i don't wanna buy a new console to play the new games.

The Wii U of the Nintendo DS.

jesus forget off nintendo. i don't wanna buy a new console to play the new games.
what
thats... thats how new consoles work
new console, new games
just trade in your damn 3ds and pay like 50 bucks for it and call it a day
god damn

was referring to where you said it was a bad idea on nintendo's part

i'm aware that it's technically a better platform (like how i sneaked my opinion in there it was good right)
because the 3ds had plenty of life left in it and if people are all like "so i have to go buy an all new system just to play this certain game" they'll be pissed since they already have a 3ds.  Sega did the same thing and it killed their console business.

The Wii U of the Nintendo DS.
More like DSi.
Wii U is a whole new console with different games and controllers.