will you buy the new 3ds?

yes
25 (32.5%)
no
28 (36.4%)
maybe
24 (31.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: so how do you guys feel about the "new" nintendo 3ds?  (Read 5132 times)

I'm pretty sure the colored buttons for the normal 3DS is japan exclusive since only the japanese SNES had buttons with colors like that

i'm looking at this sorta like gameboy installations

no matter what way you look at it, it's an all-around improved 3DS, hardware and features. i don't think it's some sort of desperate money-grab or scrooge mcreckafella move, it's actually a new 3ds (lol)

regardless, it all comes down to the software. i haven't seen any interesting software so i won't get one (as far as i know atm), but i can defo imagine that developers will be drawn to the increased capability of the platform.

also getting upset about the coloured buttons lol rly
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:22:28 PM by otto-san »

I hope that they make the New 3DS XYBA buttons in US/EU like the SNES since the New 3DS XYBA buttons in Japan are based off the Super Famicom.

its harder and harder to buy nintendo consoles with their games lineup.
maybe a REAL (non spinoff) new harvest moon or animal crossing could sucker me over or something.
but other then that, nothing nintendo does excites me anymore. its been since the gamecube :\

From what I've seen the lower-screen lip still exists (albeit rounded and softened a bit), so I still expect this to scratch the forget out of the top screen over time.

That makes 2 3DS re-designs in which they've not fixed a major flaw. Congratulations Nintendo on continuing to make the only handheld console that physically damages itself.

its harder and harder to buy nintendo consoles with their games lineup.
maybe a REAL (non spinoff) new harvest moon or animal crossing could sucker me over or something.
but other then that, nothing nintendo does excites me anymore. its been since the gamecube :\
yes another harvest moon please

From what I've seen the lower-screen lip still exists (albeit rounded and softened a bit), so I still expect this to scratch the forget out of the top screen over time.

That makes 2 3DS re-designs in which they've not fixed a major flaw. Congratulations Nintendo on continuing to make the only handheld console that physically damages itself.
Weird I own a 3DS and that never happened to me, there is even those little round bumps on the corners of the top screen to prevent that

Weird I own a 3DS and that never happened to me, there is even those little round bumps on the corners of the top screen to prevent that
They don't work well enough. The raised lip is still just high enough to touch the top screen when closed, particularly if there's any pressure on the 3DS when closed, such as if you leave something on top of it, or have it in a slightly tight pocket.

It seems to be a hit and miss thing among users, but there are plenty of people with irreparable scratches on their 3DSs and 3DS XLs.
Just seems ludicrous that Nintendo would even consider designing the new 3DS with an at all similar design.

As for purchasing it, I likely won't.
I'm quite content with my 3DS as it is (scratches and all) and I don't actually have that many games for the 3DS to begin with, so upgrading at a cost seems a bit redundant if I'd only be playing my current games.

I never even upgrade my original Nintendo DS to a DSLite or DSi/DSiXL, until I finally got a cheapo DSLite after my original broke. And this was after the 3DS came out.

it still baffles me that teenagers my age play on nintendo consoles

it still baffles me that teenagers my age play on nintendo consoles
More fun and higher quality than playing phone/facebook games, which most other people my age do.

has new hardware and it's going to have exclusive games

why even call it a 3ds

has new hardware and it's going to have exclusive games

why even call it a 3ds
who says it has exclusive games