Author Topic: Save stealing?  (Read 1646 times)

Is there a mod out there that does not allow players to save bricks?

nope and there never will be
if you don't want people to save your builds, don't let them come to your server

or post in drama to get people to ban them for their servers

If you want to make sure theres always proof it was your build then just find a hidden and hard to reach place and put your name and BLID.  besides keeping people from saving your builds would be a richard thing to do.

If you want to make sure theres always proof it was your build then just find a hidden and hard to reach place and put your name and BLID.  besides keeping people from saving your builds would be a richard thing to do.
what if it's a superkart track that has taken you months to build, and you don't want people to release it as a speedkart track because you're saving it for superkart?

what if it's a superkart track that has taken you months to build, and you don't want people to release it as a speedkart track because you're saving it for superkart?
then don't host it until superkart comes out and/or GG people if they release something that isn't theirs

it's going to be hard to play a game where the entire point is to create things if you have the "DON'T LOOK AT MY ART" or (more relevantly) "STAY AWAY FROM MY ART" mindset

where's that badspot quote when you need it

where's that badspot quote when you need it

However, that's not what happens.  There is this toxic concept of "idea stealing" that is deeply engrained in the community so that no one ever releases anything that they've made.  They run a server, then they stop and their creation is never seen again.  No one is allowed to play with their ball without them.

You can just post on the general forum chat thing your server (if it's even worthy to be stolen), so if they did steal your idea or whatever, just bash and drama them, use photo's and your thread for evidence!

○Rep. burn = Good
○Physical Ban = Maybe
○Stopping players from playing it = maybe

It can go both ways :I, people will play anything if it's fun.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Although saving the build and richarding around with it in singleplayer is not a problem, completely taking a build that has not been cleared for public release and using it on your own server without permission is just unoriginal and wrong.

Badspot will ban you if you mess with his game i.e. not letting people save. Someone find this quote please.

I made something a while ago that will show people a fancy message box after they saved bricks but I don't see why you want to prevent people from saving all together

It isn't even possible as saving is client sided, the most you can do is prevent them from saving ownership and events if you really want to go that way

Someone find this quote please.

Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes. 

Yet he says it with anger, which thus does not help at all. If it were calmly said, it would be more widely accepted, but he goes the angry way. A less intelligent version of me would see that quote and say "challenge accepted."
People make me face desk all the time...

Post pictures of the save in Gallery. Then you have proof that you made it first.