Author Topic: Blockland, and why we can't have nice things.  (Read 14977 times)

yay more private dinosaurs

It's a robot... based on a "dinosaur" so to say...

(and on a note on the possibly finished MGR [metal gear rex])

The metal gear rex could possibly be released after some time, not alot I suppose. but it would be better as some pack I think. Like a pack of Metal Gear addons. Of course if it is sent into the wilds of these forums all credit will be provided to the creators of the original content. (Yea, I dont like entirely private no release or even beta release ever addon stuff. So by chance 1/2 possibly it will be atleast Mod discussioned.)

-smartsnip-

That... is reasonably... Perfect. 

i dont mind servers using a private mod as long as they release the mod after the server dies

I'm unsure if this has been suggested yet, but we can have a bunch of coders code some add one that enhance gameplay.
Every week (a time when normally everyone is available , like Saturdays), said coders and the rest of the community meet up on a server. They discuss what BL needs, in terms of community. After they all reached a conclusion, the coders make variations of the add ons the community voted on. There are the. A bunch of testers of the add ons. They all vote on the best of the ones made, the one with the most votes gets released.

I understand if you all hate me for suggesting a democratic approach to this issue, and even I am having doubts of this idea, but we may as well give it a try. Also, I'm well aware that we all have different opinions of some things, and this could fall easily, buts it's much better than sitting around waiting for anything to happen for a ridiculously high cost.

I feel as if I'm going to regret posting that.

i think we don't need a server, the forums are fine

i think there should be a thread where they choose the most wanted add-ons to be made

Speaking of the most wanted add-ons to be made, how's that wep pack commin' Khain? ;)

I'm unsure if this has been suggested yet, but we can have a bunch of coders code some add one that enhance gameplay.
Every week (a time when normally everyone is available , like Saturdays), said coders and the rest of the community meet up on a server. They discuss what BL needs, in terms of community. After they all reached a conclusion, the coders make variations of the add ons the community voted on. There are the. A bunch of testers of the add ons. They all vote on the best of the ones made, the one with the most votes gets released.

I understand if you all hate me for suggesting a democratic approach to this issue, and even I am having doubts of this idea, but we may as well give it a try. Also, I'm well aware that we all have different opinions of some things, and this could fall easily, buts it's much better than sitting around waiting for anything to happen for a ridiculously high cost.
That would require a community of active, helpful and mature players

That would require a community of active, helpful and mature players
Oh right. I forgot none of us are mature here.
I was thinking of a small council ruling in favor or oppose of a suggested add on.

see, this is kinda why i miss marble
he was a jerk at some times, and added backdoor in some scripts, and was generally a problem user, but he actually RELEASED HIS stuff.
props to anyone who releases almost every add-on they make. we love you.

once i become really good at TS, I'm going to release my stuff. The only reason I wont release is because it's either unfinished, buggy, abusive, pointless, or too basic to be released.

and added backdoor in some scripts, but he actually RELEASED HIS stuff.
He was an starfish who released his virusesbackdoors, of course he'd release them.
Why are you idolizing him

The only reason I wont release is because it's either unfinished, buggy, abusive, pointless, or too basic to be released.

That's exactly why people don't release things and that's what everybody in here is whining about.

That's exactly why people don't release things and that's what everybody in here is whining about.
That's a portion of what everybody here is whining about, whilst the other portion is telling people to go release stuff on modification discussion, because if you just keep it at 'broken', it'll never get done.

Rally, you're not very smart, huh.

dunno what that makes you then

That's a portion of what everybody here is whining about, whilst the other portion is telling people to go release stuff on modification discussion, because if you just keep it at 'broken', it'll never get done.
this

see, this is kinda why i miss marble
he was a jerk at some times, and added backdoor in some scripts, and was generally a problem user, but he actually RELEASED HIS stuff.
you, uh, sure do a good job justifying that disproportionately

will i ever run out of opportunities to use this gif sarcastically