System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - Easier static shape loading. Kitchen in works!

Author Topic: System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - Easier static shape loading. Kitchen in works!  (Read 109874 times)

super nostalgic hype edition

This mod allows you to load static shapes in a more user friendly fashion.

System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta]
DOWNLOAD

To load a map, simply go into your environment options, and below "Ground" should be a list of the maps. Just select the map and walla, your map should load!

To add a map, simply place the map's ZIP file in your Add-ons section.
Make sure to enable the map in Add-ons!

You need to enable "Download Textures" in your network options, or the textures may not work!

Maps

Original Bedroom
DOWNLOAD
The original bedroom from version 20 and below.

Bedroom .blend files used

MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW STATIC MAPS MOD!

Features
Breakable window
Secrets
Fixed collisions
No more clipping through floor with vehicle (may not apply to other areas)

If you want to load your old bedroom saves, you need to enter this into your server's console: $loadoffset = "-84 114 -93.9";

Alternatively, you can download the converted Bedroom saves.
(Credit to Maxx for providing the files.)

Wrapperup's Bedroom (Beta 2)
DOWNLOAD
This is the first map I made work for the mod. It's bedroom!
MS3D Model Files if you want to see how it was made.

Version 2 Features
Fixed various collision problems, and made collision meshes more detailed. (Exception: Pillow)
Added a secret, can you find it?

Earth
DOWNLOAD
Planet Earth, a big planet. Now in the portable size of Blockland! You can "land" on Earth by going in at the top.

Asteroids
DOWNLOAD
It's a small asteroid field.

Make sure to enable it the maps in your add-ons!
More to come soon.

REACTIONS

"It's Back" VIDEO by Filipe1020 (Featuring the Original Bedroom)

NOTE: This mod may have some issues, if you find an issue, please report it! Thanks.

Featured maps are marked with a .
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:02:36 PM by Wrapperup »

Sweet beans man thanks for releasing this. Nice work as always.

I like where this is going
YO PEOPLE OF THE BRICKLAND FOURMS, MAKE MORE MAPS

Okay just tried it out, it seems the bedroom's collisions are wacky. The bottom of the window and walls are not solid. Theres also some issues with collision being too much, like i can't actually touch the screen part of the computer screen and the top part of the window glass.

Okay just tried it out, it seems the bedroom's collisions are wacky. The bottom of the window and walls are not solid. Theres also some issues with collision being too much, like i can't actually touch the screen part of the computer screen and the top part of the window glass.

Yes I know, it was a problem with having only 9 collision meshes. From what i hear, i can do 15 collision meshes. It will be fixed in the final version of the bedroom.

Yes I know, it was a problem with having only 9 collision meshes. From what i hear, i can do 15 collision meshes. It will be fixed in the final version of the bedroom.

Damn. That's quite a handicap. Why can't there be more?

Damn. That's quite a handicap. Why can't there be more?

I guess its just to prevent a single model from having like 900 collision meshes.
I'm gonna go test it with 15 collisions, if i do get more, it will be good news.

Although how i got around it before was, i used multiple static shapes to get around the issue (7 to be exact)

Right. There's no need for it to be a single model. Make all the furniture individual models that can be used in other maps.

Right. There's no need for it to be a single model. Make all the furniture individual models that can be used in other maps.

Good idea. I have a couple of modellers on board that are making maps for me right now. I'm pretty excited to see how they turn out.