Author Topic: CBMHost needs your help!($40 needed for February's goal!)  (Read 12178 times)

Just a note of concern.
Cowboyman's key got mass-script-spam-pasted to yourworldoftext earlier today when some naive fool directed off-topic to it. I PM'd badspot asking if it was actually his key, to which Badspot replied that it was and that it is now flagged as steam only.
Just wanted to give a heads up on that. I'm not sure if this stuff has happened before, but you guys might want to look into how this happened.

Just a note of concern.
Cowboyman's key got mass-script-spam-pasted to yourworldoftext earlier today when some naive fool directed off-topic to it. I PM'd badspot asking if it was actually his key, to which Badspot replied that it was and that it is now flagged as steam only.
Just wanted to give a heads up on that. I'm not sure if this stuff has happened before, but you guys might want to look into how this happened.

This was my fault. I've never told anybody, but about 4 years ago I used a hosting service run by a person that ended up becoming a Pacnet/Computermix/Cca type. At the time he was okay, but shortly after the service ended, he went down hill. Long story short, I ended up giving out my key so he could enable my server. Yes I know, a very stupid thing to do, but at the time I didn't know better. He was one of the reasons I went on to make this service, because I wanted to beat what he did as well as others (and succeeded). I'm pretty sure he's behind this, and there were a few others that used it as well, and I believe he got their keys as well. I don't remember who exactly though, it's been a long time ago.

I would donate but converting yen to usd is a pain :(

I know it goes against your values, Cowboy, but making this a paid service really would make it a better service..  It keeps people who care enough to host a good server to pay for it, and gets rid of the people who hoard one of the very few spaces you have so they can occasionally host freebuilds.  It's honestly upsetting that only a couple of your slots are used by people who host decent content 24/7.  At the very least you need to figure out a way to keep players who don't actually need this service from using it.

Players who occasionally host freebuilds can easily do this on their own internet, you don't even have to forward your ports anymore.  Hosting is so easy.  Dedicated servers should be reserved for a certain level of quality.

Players who occasionally host freebuilds can easily do this on their own internet, you don't even have to forward your ports anymore.  Hosting is so easy.  Dedicated servers should be reserved for a certain level of quality.

It's really not. There are many people out there who's internet sucks. Like mine. If I watch a video while a family member is on the phone; they can't hear the other person at all (our phone is on the internet). My internet is bad. I cannot host. There are many people who cannot host and if they can; their internet and usually toaster computer keeps people from having a good player experience.

Cowboy6 is doing a real good thing having a free hosting service. There are people here who can't pay for it but have good server ideas.

Thanks again for the spot btw its meatsale. Ill donate soon.

Uh oh, is this goal still not met?

Uh oh, is this goal still not met?

It's about half there.

It's about half there.
So you mean if the goal isn't met by tomorrow, it might be shutting down?

I asked cowboy what happens now since we didn't make the goal for this month, he said...

He told me if the goal is not met by this month then the server most likely will be shut down!

Bump. Sorry for 3 posts lol.

That goes against what Cowboy is trying to do.

From what I get he wants people to get easy hosting for as low a cost as possible.

Quite a noble goal, if a costly one.

and how successful is he at that if the server cant get paid.
being the fake hero of the community takes a little bit of sacrifice, like your own wallet.

whos that
he ran our first addon site for this game. it was free! he was a glorious guy whom all sucked his richard!
and he insisted it was going to be add free! because its better that way!

then one day he begged for donations because he couldnt afford to keep it up.
and he forgeted the entire community. all mods were lost and everything was set back like 6 months before people started pulling them together again.

moral of allllll these stories. dont use free stuff. because it never lasts. EVER.
you start to depend on something and its gone before you know it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:44:53 PM by Bisjac »

Before it goes down will we have time to download our server's blockland game folders?