Barnabas' Unceremonious Add-on Dump

Poll

Vehicle Door Animations: Which Would You Prefer?

Keep door animations the same. Smooth, fluid animations, but vehicles with more than four animated parts  requires bot supplements.
12 (16%)
Make them open like the default .blb doors - No bots would be required, also allows me to free up animation threads for other things (turn signals, etc).
56 (74.7%)
Ditch the animated doors entirely, they have been a nuisance, they are only a tired gimmick.
7 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Barnabas' Unceremonious Add-on Dump  (Read 141739 times)

Well.
Finding one counterexample at a car show.

Look at all the other pictures. Most of them do not have that mirror.

Barnabas you are masterful

Well.

Weird my Brother has a 1972 Bug, ima post a picture in a minute

Well.
-snip-

Uhm, up until around around 1974, Volkswagen Beetle did not have a mirror on the Right side. Mirrors were then added to the right side from the 1974 model and up.

Thanks for all the great British vehicles Barnabas, I'm looking forward to the Hillman Minx, that was my dad's first car :) When he finished with the Minx, he cut the roof off and hogtied his gran in the back seat and jumped the car over a ramp - and the engine flew up into the air and landed back inside and the car still worked haha.
My first car was a 1957 Austin A35. Maybe you would consider making one if you ever have the time? I would appreciate it, it just absolutely shouts 'BLOCKO'. I like the way that you put "BM - Block Motors" like the real BMC - British Motor Co.  The A35 is also a BMC so it would suit the theme perfectly.
A Morris Minor would also be great for Blockland *wink wink* :)

Exterior is done. Interior needs some finishing touches and then I need to make the animations. I'll also make LOD meshes for this.

Cmon man we need this

Cmon man we need this

If you haven't noticed from previous topics, it has more then 4 interactive doors. The Interactive support can only "run" 4 doors on a vehicle.

If you haven't noticed from previous topics, it has more then 4 interactive doors. The Interactive support can only "run" 4 doors on a vehicle.
I'd be ok with just working doors, not trunk and hood

But damn I really wanted this

I'd be ok with just working doors, not trunk and hood

But damn I really wanted this

Well ya, many of us would like to have the Bengs update too. The Microbus has 5 doors, but only 4 work..so idk. It's all up to Barnabas.

While I hate compromising with my ideals, but if there's a significant demand then I will update/release my 4 or 5 door vehicles with limited functionality for the time being. Actually, adding poll.

While I hate compromising with my ideals, but if there's a significant demand then I will update/release my 4 or 5 door vehicles with limited functionality for the time being. Actually, adding poll.
Do it for the time being, but when you are able to add six IVS parts, update them.

Do it for the time being, but when you are able to add six IVS parts, update them.

The "W.I.P Lorry Thing" looks nice (Creative name by the way), but it would be nice to know if you have decided on the poll results yet.

What happened to this?
Modelwise the car is pretty much done. All I need to do is adding the instrument panel things, finalising the roll-cage, and rigging it. I'm thinking about not adding hood/door/trunk animations for this one, but that's up for debate. I'll probably re-add the black hood thing later on.

It had potential.

The "W.I.P Lorry Thing" looks nice (Creative name by the way), but it would be nice to know if you have decided on the poll results yet.

I'm still waiting for a few more votes. 30-40 individual votes should be a good indicator of what the community wants really.

What happened to this?It had potential.

I need to tweak it a little more then it should be good to go. Originally, I wanted to make a pack of similar vehicles, but eh, I'll never get around to do that so I should probably release it as a stand-alone car.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:34:44 AM by Barnabas »