21 (42%)
Perceived as dumb but really smart
6 (12%)
An idiot
5 (10%)
Average
5 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Apparently I'm smart (blah blah blogland)  (Read 2425 times)

Whenever someone in my class has a problem with a computer they ask me, and in computer class the kid stationed next to me was like "I got pat over here lucky me".

This is the same in my household.

My grand pop supplies me for my DIY projects. And kids in class even ask me to take their computer and see what's wrong with it. I usually figure it out by running malware bytes or checking the OS with a system repair disk. Or opening it up and reconnecting wires and stuff like that.  I've been getting better in math too, but I still can't do long division at all. I know how to program in c# and torque script, some parts of lua too.

Some kids in class pick on me and say I'm a Nerd with no life, but in my mind Nerd means your smart and will become successful in the future. Can't wait to laugh in their faces when I'm the new Bill Gates.

i pretty much have a reputation of "that kid who always makes an A and probably reads the dictionary." even when i disappeared from public schooling for 4 years, everyone still remembered me that way.

i'm not really smart, though. i read a lot and can therefore read very quickly (by that i mean reading 9 chapters of a story and doing a paragraph long writeup of them in 55 minutes whereas everyone else was stuck at chapter 3) and have a good vocabulary, i speak very properly, and the work is really simple so i don't have a hard time of making an A.

i pretty much have a reputation of "that kid who always makes an A and probably reads the dictionary." even when i disappeared from public schooling for 4 years, everyone still remembered me that way.

i'm not really smart, though. i read a lot and can therefore read very quickly (by that i mean reading 9 chapters of a story and doing a paragraph long writeup of them in 55 minutes whereas everyone else was stuck at chapter 3) and have a good vocabulary, i speak very properly, and the work is really simple so i don't have a hard time of making an A.

I'm like that as well, I think a good start in life is to be reading, I am a real bookworm and it has helped me out so much with spelling, grammar and overall knowledge.

forget man it takes me like 1 day to read 1 chapter of any book
my attention span when it comes to reading books is like didly stuff

People think I'm good at math even though I'm not
I'm average at best

I'm pretty smart but often unmotivated, and probably perceived as an awkward stoner

i pretty much have a reputation of "that kid who always makes an A and probably reads the dictionary."
i used to be called 'thesaurus kid' when i was in like 4th grade because i used big words

i think "smart" is p relative and ambiguous

there's no general measure of an individual's intelligence; everyone has certain strong areas in the mind and there's no definitive way to define "smart"

what do you go by? grades? what if the person isn't getting their grades honestly, or only memorising the material? what if the class is just too easy?

do you measure by skill in mathematics, science, or technology? why is that any more justified as a measure than something like art, singing, even some elements of sports?

this whole concept of people being "smarter" is completely dumb and serves to do nothing more but cause people to adopt unnecessary standards or preconceptions about how the human mind should/does function

whenever someone asks me "are you smart??" i have literally no answer but "iunno" because the word means nothing to me, and i do not understand what it can possibly mean to anyone else

I usually think of "smart" as one's capacity to learn new things.

I'm pretty smart but often unmotivated, and probably perceived as an awkward stoner
This is like 99% of the internet, bud. (except maybe the stoner part)
"id be in harvard if i wasnt unmotivated -__________________-'''''''''' "

Yeah
I'm getting dumber now because I'm losing momentum
My grades have been getting worse in general and I can barely force myself to do my work.
3 AP classes just isn't fun though
I remembered one of my guidance counselors saying something about 1 or 2 being the best option for most
But i just had to do AP computer science on vlacs augh argh augh argh augh

on average how many weed do people think you do

after i took the asvab at MEPS, the recruiter took us all home in the little van they have and he started asking us how we did

i wanted to blurt out "i got a 99 ^<^" but 4 of the guys started groaning and one was like "ugh i got a 21," "ya i got a 30 which isnt that bad." and some dude was really really proud that he scored a 45.

and so i just sat there quietly and said nothing

I remember throughout like the entirety of elementary school and middle school I was one of those kids that people would ask for answers to like classwork and stuff. Just a constant stream of "Hey, do you know how to do this?", "Hey, what's this answer?".

My solution was to act like the most slack-off of a kid throughout high school. Worked for the most part.