iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster

Author Topic: iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster  (Read 18825 times)

(Sapphire screens are extremely hard to make and cost a lot of money)

They actually didn't use sapphire for the screen because it failed the lastest drop/breaking tests before release
http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
yeah it's not a sapphire screen

Also, I saw that only 9 customers complained about bending issues out of the 10 000 000 units.

And it will obviously bend if you put it like a stuff in your pocket, bend it intentionally or worst: your backpocket then sitting on it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:01:14 PM by MrLoL² »

He was referring to seeing the phone break. By painful he meant depressing. I shouldn't need to explain this.

Hahahahaha, you serious? He definitely did not mean depressing.

They sold way too many units to just magically "fix" a major design flaw (Sapphire screens are extremely hard to make and cost a lot of money); I would just wait the 13 months for the iPhone 7 to come out, or get one of the thousands of nice cases made for the phone.
or wait half the time and get a 6S

wowe did you guys see how low apple's stocks went down

They use to be 194.24 in the spring of 2012.

apple's stock prices for the past 34 years isn't particularly relevant
I'm pretty sure he meant over the last few days

the one with the dot is the iphone 6 release date

You should probably learn how to read and interpret market charts before blindly posting a line graph.

apple's stock prices for the past 34 years isn't particularly relevant
I'm pretty sure he meant over the last few days

the one with the dot is the iphone 6 release date
my point is that its not much of a change
and yeah, posting all of it was kinda dumb, I posted all of it to show how much its been rising
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:41:07 PM by Nal »

my point is that its not much of a change
A sheer drop in nearly four points is massive, especially for a massive company like Apple, and especially after the climb they've been pulling of lately. Again, if you don't know how stocks work, stop trying to post about them.

honestly, apple and it's customers are to blame here. apple hypes iOS 8 to be the greatest update they've ever released, with boatloads of new features, yet the only thing that I've seen is improvements on the keyboard. the customers are at fault, because everyone is freaking their stuff about the iPhone 6 bending. okay, but it's still made out of semi-durable material, it's not loving made out of putty. everyone is now telling everyone not to buy the new iPhone because of "bending problems", which is probably hurting Apple's sales at a minimum. if I were to get an iPhone 6, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't loving bend it. there has been like four reports of bending in peoples pockets, which I think is bullstuff unless people are rolling around on the ground all day, causing it to bend very very slightly. people on youtube are bending iPhone 6s to prove some "point" that they aren't durable, yet they struggle with giving it a small little arch

that "point" (emphasis on the quotations) could be made to any flaw on the iPhone. "hey guys, watch me tap a hammer onto the front of an iPhone, oh stuff it shatters, damn looks like the iPhone is a flop." no you loving handicaps, it's because the screen is made of glass.
Quote from: consumerist.com
So, let it be known that we don’t know if this video of a guy bending his phone on purpose represents evidence of an unacceptable performance from the phone.
key word here, purpose. that loving barbarian in the video is using all of his force trying to bend it. if this is the case, then bending it in your god-damn pocket is preposterous. the iPhone 6 is aluminum, not loving armored steel. apple is probably choosing aluminum for a cheaper alternative to glass on the back, which of course will mean it will be cheaper in quality. if your iPhone 6 does bend in your pocket, well that's your fault, not Apples.

Well, I wasn't getting a IPhone 6 anyways, I don't think they ever fixed the problems with the IPhone 5 so I'm kinda done with apple. I'll just wait for the Galaxy Note 4 in October.