iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster

Author Topic: iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster  (Read 18813 times)

All I really need in a phone is maps, phone, texting, and internet access to do simple searches / look at articles.  All programming and advanced computer-oriented activities stay on my computer at home.  I don't want to mess with a terminal or file system, or attempt to forget with my OS, all that goes on while using my computer.

I have no idea what Blueblur is complaining about with his janky terminal issues and file system manipulation, it just sounds unneeded.  Keep the phone things on your phone, and the computer things on your computer. 

I like the iPhone because it gives me what I need quickly and smoothly, all while looking aesthetically pleasing at the same time.

Apple is about security over freedom. I mean, why wouldn't you expect an iPhone to be restricted when you've seen how Macs are?
I also dislike Mac OS X.

I don't think people want to have their important information leaked onto other devices, or have their entire phone lock up from giving it to their clueless child.
I don't want one to be there by default. I just want to be able to have one.

It would make the device open to outside devices, as previously mentioned, and could just be used to access the files inside the iPhone to hack it.
What the forget are you even talking about.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:54:50 AM by blueblur121 »

Yes. This.

And it's also really limited. You're not even allowed to access a command line.
you're really obsessed with that ugly command line stuff aren't you

wtf do you even want to do with it

What the forget are you even talking about.
You know what? I added that part without even thinking about locked or read-only files. Still, even if it's like that, some hackers out there might find a way to get past that and modify the main files of the phone.

And it's also really limited. You're not even allowed to access a command line. In what operating system does the creator actively try to keep people from having the option to install a terminal emulator.
Why does this matter

-actually maybe this post was a bad idea-
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:31:37 PM by Crispy_ »

If I own a computer, I want full control over it. That's why it matters to me.

You know what? I added that part without even thinking about locked or read-only files. Still, even if it's like that, some hackers out there might find a way to get past that and modify the main files of the phone.
Once again, what?

How would they log in from a different device in the first place? The only way I could think of is if you were dumb enough to just leave an SSH server on and not disable password authentication, and even then they would have to be on the same network unless you forwarded port 22 on your loving iPhone. And if they were able to log in to my phone, how would making a file read-only help? And what do you even mean by "locked" files?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:38:18 PM by blueblur121 »

Neither blockocrafter OR blueblur know what they're talking about.

If I own a computer, I want full control over it. That's why it matters to me.
you're part of a very tiny minority
from a technical stand point or just spewing out "smart sounding" stuff

I don't have a phone. I don't understand any of this.

you're part of a very tiny minority
People need to stop saying this. There is no reason for apple to actively make sure that people are not allowed to access a command line. They should be allowed on the appstore. If you don't need a command line, then don't get a terminal emulator.

Explain how I do not know what I am talking about.

People need to stop saying this. There is no reason for apple to actively make sure that people are not allowed to access a command line. They should be allowed on the appstore. If you don't need a command line, then don't get a terminal emulator.
oh
my
god
stop

People need to stop saying this.
why? its the truth, i dont think apple is gonna allow terminals on the appstore just to appease a tiny amount of cry babies
There is no reason for apple to actively make sure that people are not allowed to access a command line.
besides there being literally no reason to use one at all
They should be allowed on the appstore.
why? a terminal provides no realistic benefits
If you don't need a command line, then don't get a terminal emulator.
or you just stop whining about something you dont even need lol

a terminal provides no realistic benefits

he wants to be l33t haxor