iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster

Author Topic: iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster  (Read 18840 times)

I can't believe it worked! I actually time traveled back to 2010!
what, *insertpatrickidontgetitphotohere*

wow. lol apple is just a joke now.

how so?

Apart from being over priced and this one flaw, the new iPhones are pretty nice. And Apple laptops are still quite good quality.

wtf lol

their billions of dollars really care about your stuffty opinion

And Apple laptops are still quite good quality.
Sorry, I'm not going to pay $800 more than I should for a special operating system and a glowing apple logo.

wtf lol

They have all that money because the people who buy their products do not know how overpriced they are. They think they're paying exactly as much they should.

Sorry, I'm not going to pay $800 more than I should for a special operating system and a glowing apple logo.
They have all that money because the people who buy their products do not know how overpriced they are. They think they're paying exactly as much they should.

They are paying exactly as much as they should. The thing is, if the product was actually overpriced, people wouldn't buy it. If Apple charged $10,000 for their Macbooks, the company would go under because people wouldn't pay that much. The fact that Apple is one of the most successful companies in the world right now is quite literally evidence that their products are priced in line with what people are willing to pay for them.

wtf lol

id like them to take my opinion into consideration BEFORE they make a stuffty product.

if they have bilions of dollars and cant even make a phone that doesnt bend after 6 days of use, then they are a joke

They are paying exactly as much as they should. The thing is, if the product was actually overpriced, people wouldn't buy it. If Apple charged $10,000 for their Macbooks, the company would go under because people wouldn't pay that much. The fact that Apple is one of the most successful companies in the world right now is quite literally evidence that their products are priced in line with what people are willing to pay for them.
They are literally selling laptops for $2000.

id like them to take my opinion into consideration BEFORE they make a stuffty product.

if they have bilions of dollars and cant even make a phone that doesnt bend after 6 days of use, then they are a joke
Exactly. They are one of the biggest companies in the world, and they give their customers a phone made of aluminum.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:11:26 PM by blueblur121 »

They are literally selling laptops for $2000.
So? My laptop cost $3,000 including the Thunderbolt Display. I was willing to pay that because I wanted the build quality of a Macbook and the 'glowing apple.' And the thing is, if someone had offered me a free Lenovo Thinkpad with the same specs for free, I would have still bought the Macbook. Those things don't mean as much to you, so for you personally it is overpriced. It's not universally seen that way, though.

But compare the hardware. The cheapest laptop they have is $900 and it has a 1.7 ghz dual core processor. I'm not sure how old my laptop is, but it had Windows Vista on it, so it's pretty old and it has a better one.

The next one up, which is $1000 has the same hardware as the first one, but it's just bigger.

Yes, Apple products are more expensive than competitor products on a performance level. Nobody is arguing that it isn't -- it's just that Apple can get away with charging more because it's Apple. A Rolex will always cost more than a Timex regardless of the materials used.

And that's what I mean by overpriced. They charge way too much for hardware you can get for much cheaper, and then they put a special operating system on it to make it seem like it's worth that much.

Keep in mind Apple computers have probably the best build quality of any laptop out there (except maybe some really expensive super high end laptops).

Also, MKBHD made a video on the whole bending issue.

http://youtu.be/s3QcOSyD38M

I don't fully agree with him though, because after many days of sitting down with it in your pocket, I still think it's going to start bending a little bit. Maybe I'm wrong though, we'll see.