iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster

Author Topic: iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster  (Read 18838 times)

stuff has someone got a 2.3 or above seeker
Someone installed a spam virus on me

stuff has someone got a 2.3 or above seeker
Someone installed a spam virus on me
Wrong topic friend

ASUS is pretty hot too, and in my experience it's better built as I was able to spill an entire bottle of Powerade on mine without the slightest hint of damage
this is a lie

and pageloss.
"apple 6"

'A disaster' is a bit extreme. Most people are happy with their new iPhones, only like 0.001% of people have had an issue with the phone bending. The iOS 8.0.1 launch I could call a disaster, but I wouldn't link that to the iPhone 6 launch.

'A disaster' is a bit extreme. Most people are happy with their new iPhones, only like 0.001% of people have had an issue with the phone bending. The iOS 8.0.1 launch I could call a disaster, but I wouldn't link that to the iPhone 6 launch.
But the fact is that these phones are supposed to be premium products. Apple doesn't ship out many products frequently like other companies such as Samsung, which is why a high level of quality is expected. All these issues are just building up and making this launch very bad, and given that Apple is such a huge electronics corporation that only ships out a new phone every year or so, it should not be like this at all.

They are still a premium product. A lot of force is required to bend an iPhone. I'm sorry that you can't subject your phone to extreme forces like that.

They are still a premium product. A lot of force is required to bend an iPhone. I'm sorry that you can't subject your phone to extreme forces like that.
If you can bend a phone with your bare hands, that is unacceptable. If when you try to bend it back to its original state and it breaks not only the screen, but cracks the aluminum? That's beyond unacceptable.

And when a phone which part of it is plastic (Galaxy Note 3) is applied more pressure than that and it doesn't break or really bend at all? I refuse to believe the iPhone qualifies for "premium".

YouTube is a living nightmare on iOS 8. I am seriously considering downgrading to iOS 7. Yes, I mean it.

Try this home experiment: purchase any laptop. Open the screen as high as you can, then proceed to force it to go even further.

The screen will break off. Does that mean your laptop is of unacceptable tensile strength?

Get a TV. This ones a little bigger than a phone, so lean the back against the edge of a table and push as hard as you can on both sides of the TV. It's gonna break in half, or at least bend like the iPhone. Are all TVs unacceptable strength?

I get that it's a phone and you have to carry it around all day so it has to be acceptably durable, but anyone who has bent their iPhones literally deserved it for their absolutely egregious lack of care about the safety of the device.

And also the people who have just put the phone in their pants pocket and sat down, later realizing the phone couldn't withstand that "stress" and bend? It's not that much pressure to apply to the 6 plus to bend it, from what I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM&feature=youtu.be

Due to constant complaining from anti-apple babies about the iPhone having limited customization on a hardware level, Apple made the iPhone 6 is the most flexible design yet.

Try this home experiment: purchase any laptop. Open the screen as high as you can, then proceed to force it to go even further.

The screen will break off. Does that mean your laptop is of unacceptable tensile strength?

This is a stuffty comparison. A Laptop is on a hinge whereas the iPhone is a solid object
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:22:29 AM by Menen »

It doesn't matter if it's on a hinge or not, I'm talking about the overall integrity of the product. Most can be broken with your bare hands. Especially expensive ones.

It's not that much pressure to apply to the 6 plus to bend it, from what I've seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM&feature=youtu.be

"This was painful to do." Go ahead and press down on your desk with your thumbs until it quite literally hurts to push any harder. That's how much force it required out of this grown ass man to bend it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:47:24 AM by $trinick »