iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster

Author Topic: iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster  (Read 18832 times)

why? its the truth, i dont think apple is gonna allow terminals on the appstore just to appease a tiny amount of cry babies
It would take exactly zero effort to just allow people to use a command line. There is no reason to not allow it.

besides there being literally no reason to use one at all
Except maybe you want to install a custom package not available on the appstore. Or maybe doing anything that does not rely fully on the appstore.
And that isn't even an argument. "Most people don't need it, so it should stay banned from the appstore."

why? a terminal provides no realistic benefits
As of now, we are unable to access the main storage device on our phones.

or you just stop whining about something you dont even need lol
Give me one reason why terminal emulators aren't allowed on the appstore.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:04:50 PM by blueblur121 »

because people who don't know what they're loving doing will accidentally forget stuff up, it's not that hard to understand

Finally downgrading to iOS 6/7 today.

It would take exactly zero effort to just allow people to use a command line. There is no reason to not allow it.
it doesnt make sense to have a phone pride itself on simplicity then have a terminal
you're complaining about not having something you really shouldnt have to use at all, especially on a phone
Except maybe you want to install a custom package not available on the appstore. Or maybe doing anything that does not rely fully on the appstore.
yeah thats totally not a bad idea at all, no chance that people wont find an exploit to install malware or something
theres a reason everything goes through the appstore, you know
As of now, we are unable to access the main storage device on our phones.
and?
this is a redundant question thats already been answered

It's the same rhetoric behind making jailbreaking void warranty. You are choosing to delve deeper into the more complicated side of your device for the perks of higher customizability and more freedom. If jailbreaking were easy or not punished (by voiding warranty) many more people would do it, since it is purely an improvement to the device. If more and more people are doing this easily, they're going to be breaking their devices more often.

because people who don't know what they're loving doing will accidentally forget stuff up, it's not that hard to understand
I already said before that you should need to enable some sort of "developer mode" like you can on a Mac. On a Mac, if you enable developer mode (which is pretty easily accessable IIRC) you can install custom tarballs and things like that. It allows you to do a lot more.

It's the same rhetoric behind making jailbreaking void warranty. You are choosing to delve deeper into the more complicated side of your device for the perks of higher customizability and more freedom. If jailbreaking were easy or not punished (by voiding warranty) many more people would do it, since it is purely an improvement to the device. If more and more people are doing this easily, they're going to be breaking their devices more often.
But then why is apple actively trying to prevent users from jailbreaking? With each update there are new measures to prevent users from modifying their device.

Neither blockocrafter OR blueblur know what they're talking about.
I have to admit this...
Although I was trying to say this the whole time but I can't words today.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:16:21 PM by BlockoCrafter »

But then why is apple actively trying to prevent users from jailbreaking? With each update there are new measures to prevent users from modifying their device.
Because they don't want users breaking their devices. I don't understand your need for freedom with the device. Apple is not marketing this phone to you. They'd rather alienate a group of people who want to forget with their phones than risk their integrity among the masses. Thus, they offer security over freedom.

Because they don't want users breaking their devices.
Please read the other thing I said. On a mac, you have the ability to enable "developer mode" which allows you to modify system files, install tarballs, etc.

What I'm trying to say is that this should be available.

I don't understand your need for freedom with the device. Apple is not marketing this phone to you. They'd rather alienate a group of people who want to forget with their phones than risk their integrity among the masses. Thus, they offer security over freedom.
But it's not like I have a choice. My parents just give me whatever phone they're not using anymore.

If I could switch to android I would.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:31:45 PM by blueblur121 »

Because they don't want users breaking their devices. I don't understand your need for freedom with the device. Apple is not marketing this phone to you. They'd rather alienate a group of people who want to forget with their phones than risk their integrity among the masses. Thus, they offer security over freedom.
exactly. iphones are aimed at more... how should i say this... ignorant users. generally you want to keep things simple and dumbed down for these kind of people...

exactly. iphones are aimed at more... how should i say this... ignorant users. generally you want to keep things simple and dumbed down for these kind of people...
I wouldn't use the word "ignorant" if I were you. I would just say it's for users who would rather have an easy to use phone, and don't really care about what it can't do.

gr8 b8 4 db8 m8 i r8 8/8