1 (7.7%)
Jump ahead in time.
2 (15.4%)
Do some event.
4 (30.8%)
Abort thread.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Anagaea II – A New Age of Empires [1117 AD]  (Read 110892 times)

NPC's should experience random events, BTW.

Constant scouting is being done on the northern part of the island, Espovons Main military is currently North ward to stop the rebellions

Raiding parties are planned to disrupt the rag tag Northern Military.

NPC's should experience random events, BTW.
I actually believe so, too.  I think NPCs should interact with each other as well.

The only thing is I hate doing even just the Player Nation REs, because it requires about a cumulative hour's work to follow the system that it requires.  I honestly started putting up polls to see if I could justify a slower frequency of events.  Plethora, feel free to chime in on your thoughts.  I know that Mikoyan is fairly inactive, but he has moderator since he was the previous owner of the second rendition of Anagaea II, and I'm guessing that he had the same ideas I had about updates, especially since about 90% of our waking hours is consumed by school and work.  I'm really happy to be participating in Anagaea II, and don't want to leave but damn it is taxing on my last remaining free time.

A large number of Bēlänese attend an audience with the Ivēxür.  They are split into two factions: one desiring total or near total independence, mainly made up of elites, and one that sees some of the improvements to the land that Erinaum has brought but desires greater freedom and better treatment, made up mostly of people of lower rank.  Both factions chafe under Erinamese "oppression and tyranny".  The one faction is led be a venerable older man, slow to open his mouth but a powerful orator when he does, this guy is a real Cato.  The other is led by what is effectively a demagogue whose fiery orations whip people into a frenzy.

The first leader commences:  "The Sun rises daily, but each day Bēlänia passes farther into the night.  Every thousand years the Moon eclipses the sun for just a brief period, but this eclipse has brought an almost eternal darkness to our lands.  The Moon slinks behind the sun, unable to show herself in her beauty in the presence of the greater luminary.  This is not the natural order, what we have between our races, our union is one opposed to the Gods and nature.  It must end."

The second follows:  "By the powers of the almighty Sun, Moon, Sword, and Plow, what has Bēlänia done to deserve its current state?  Why are the Bēlänese eternally defecated upon?  Our proud race deserves far, far better.  As my colleague has said, this is not the natural order.  No people are meant to live in chains that bind generation upon generation, and no people will tolerate it longer than the Bēlänese have.  I speak for the many: if nothing is done, the popular will shall cause rebellion."

A smaller group arrives from Tsekenaum with similar grievances, mainly Zenia's favored position in the Erinamese system.
Many amongst the courts of the Erinamese nobles begin to get angry.  Novek Lieucien IX, the Grand General of the army, who is amongst the courts, promptly stands and issues a remark against the disgruntled Bēlänese and Tsekēnese audiences and leaders.  "Nine generations ago, my ancestors took your land by rite of conquest!  There is no other law in the land under Zïtdist law!  The sun must subject itse-"  "LIEUCIEN!!!"  Everyone turns to see the Ivēxür standing up from his throne, furious at the Grand General, only of age 27, for speaking out of turn.  "I will not have such disrespect in my courts!  Please, to save what honor you have left, leave my court!"  Lieucien stops for a moment and says "Yes, my high sovereign," and leaves the room.  The audience in the room see that many other nobles in the room share the same opinion, but not the same fire.  A few of the audience are trying to stifle back a few laughs.

After Lieucien leaves the room, guards shut the door behind him.  The Ivēxür resumes, "There will be order in this meeting.  Anyone who rises to show disrespect for their leaders, and likewise, their people will be sent out, either peacefully or by force.  I would prefer that your own honor is respected as others are."

He pauses.  The divide between Lieucien and the other nobles and the Ivēxür is a sign of a growing divide in Zïtdism.  One ideology, the Vai nu Lēk'renür, or the Way of Cooperation is a view with roots as far back as the 8th Century BC, though its newfound popularity is newer and increasing, saying that the Ezbataen races can cooperate with one another and seek peace, though this is not always guaranteed.  The other is the milleniums-old Vai nu Ucizu, or the Way of Singularity, that says that all of the Ezbatean nations are pitted against its opposite for eternity.  In what might be called the first and second estates of Erinaum, the Vai nu Ucizu is prominent, but not the only belief.  In roughly 70% of the rest of the population, the Vai nu Lēk'renür is favored.  The Vai nu Lēk'renür is also a growing belief in Tsekēnaum and Zēnia, though not as much in Bēlänia.

"An empire cannot have a foundation of contempt in the way that a man cannot bear an upset stomach.  Therefore, we must remedy this situation with upmost care."

He turns to the representatives of the three upset parties.

"Regarding a recent change of demographic, of which many of you may be aware, the Way of Singularity and the Way of Cooperation are both strong dogma within the bounds of Ezbatu.  To ignore one is to cause the other pain.  Erinaum has provided, in its own charity, revisions of infrastructure, aqueducts, in attempt to curb the interests of those who follow the Way of Cooperation, and in attempt to strengthen the foundation of a united empire.  Since such improvements have caused nothing but benefit for the homeland of Erinaum and its constituent States.  Therefore, I ask those who live under the protection and charity of the moon: Are the blessings which we brought upon your land, which have come for centuries, and will come for centuries to come not beneficial for the empire as a whole?  Do our gifts cause harm?"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:55:34 PM by SWAT One »

Once the 100 soldiers come back, war camps are told to send out remaining troops from around their locations. 3,401 Troops are mustered up from the warcamps, all of them being Kanisteieir troops. Meanwhile, Nieufamu troops are sent out from their barracks, equaling 1,345. There are 4,746 troops. They are sent to form a shield against the campaigning army. Nieufamu anti-spearmen in the front, and Kanisteieir troops in the back. After the Nieufamu repel the first line of attacking soldiers, they move aside and let the Kanisteieir charge. Meanwhile, 4 Emergency catapaults are built, and sent to the field of battle.

In Erinaum:
The Bēlänese are not satisfied with the response.  The demagogue speaks:
"The benefits of the crescent are indeed useful.  But it is better to be an equal in crutches than a dog with all legs.  We will not be appeased with mere goods, but only with equality or better."
The other leader nods his assent.
Nonetheless, they are greatly pleased by the actions regarding the General Lieucien, and are heartened, believing that their entreaties have a chance of improving the condition of their homeland.

In Galaumia:
The enemy army is able to deal noteworthy damage to the Galaumian forces, but upon seeing the catapults, withdraws.  What remains of their front lines is able to hold off Galaumian forces before being defeated while the bulk of the army scatters on horseback into the foothills and steppes, presumably regrouping somewhere else or dispersing altogether believing that the Galaumians will not encroach further Westward.

Reconstruction efforts in South Calzone go slowly as a series of brutal snowstorms in the winter and floods in the summer handicap construction.  Many Calzonians are only able to escape starvation only through the provision of grain by the Avalonian Council.  Avalonia begins to raise revenue from trade on the Argent-Dabo road to help make South Calzone a successful and useful province of Avalonia.

Bēlänese living in Avalonia, mostly descendants of refugees, applaud the efforts of their brothers in the East to regain the honor and sovereignty of their race after hearing tell of it through traders.  They do not dare to openly call for insurrection in Bēlänia (they are by upbringing violent adherents to the Vai nu Ucizu) as Avalonia has hitherto had okay relations with Erinaum and wishes to keep it that way, and they know it, but most privately hope for Bēlänese independence but expect, at best, limited autonomy for their ancestral homeland.

The Bēlänese refugees never really truly integrated with Avalonia as they viewed the mingling of races as detestable and Avalonians viewed them as a people of honorable origin but dishonorable deeds (fleeing their homeland).  They make up a significant part of the population of Turtle Island and other isolated communities in Avalonia.  Although they are fiercely loyal to Avalonia for the service it did their ancestors, they still identify themselves as a separate people.  Their numbers have grown alongside the rest of Avalonia, and also grew as Bēlänese who shared their radical pro-Bēlänia views left the homeland to join their "true brothers" following Avalonian contact with the Eastern Kingdoms.

Rather than necessarily recovering from the ordeals they're going through, as some may think due to some of the bad situations they've gotten out of before, rather Aspidis begins to fall apart- without being able to properly pay, unrest ravages the streets and countless people are killed, and even more injured. The West and South divide from the crown, and agree to a non-aggression pact before beginning to war with the crown. The south holds Christianity in high regards, with the nobles acknowledging it in the region, whilst the west believes in the gods of their indigenous peoples, Cicollius, Morrigene, and so forth, whilst the Crown ignorantly holds their beliefs to the serpent.

Aka aspidis pretty much collapses into ruin and they're now reduced to NPC nations cause we need more of those.

Don't mind me, I'll just be making a new nation in a bit.

Erinaum begins using terraces to farm rice.  A new invention is created, called the Focire (The Archimedes Screw).  It is new being tested for irrigation and for use in aqueducts.  Its creation makes these terraces possible and easy.

Rather than necessarily recovering from the ordeals they're going through, as some may think due to some of the bad situations they've gotten out of before, rather Aspidis begins to fall apart- without being able to properly pay, unrest ravages the streets and countless people are killed, and even more injured. The West and South divide from the crown, and agree to a non-aggression pact before beginning to war with the crown. The south holds Christianity in high regards, with the nobles acknowledging it in the region, whilst the west believes in the gods of their indigenous peoples, Cicollius, Morrigene, and so forth, whilst the Crown ignorantly holds their beliefs to the serpent.

Aka aspidis pretty much collapses into ruin and they're now reduced to NPC nations cause we need more of those.

Don't mind me, I'll just be making a new nation in a bit.
Wait, so Aspidis is completely an NPC now?  Okay.
So much for the Aspian Suite.  That was fun to write.

Also made the Erinamese military uniform personas in Mapleme.

The Bēlänese are not satisfied with the response.  The demagogue speaks:
"The benefits of the crescent are indeed useful.  But it is better to be an equal in crutches than a dog with all legs.  We will not be appeased with mere goods, but only with equality or better."
The other leader nods his assent.
Nonetheless, they are greatly pleased by the actions regarding the General Lieucien, and are heartened, believing that their entreaties have a chance of improving the condition of their homeland.
The Ivēxür holds his hand up before another particular speaker from the Bēlänese party stands up, stopping him, and turns back to the party as a whole.  "It is well that a dog on all four legs can fight on its own.  Seeing that one's harm will be the other's harm, we must all make a choice."

The Ivēxür pauses, seeing that many of the Erinamese nobility in the room have looks of worry on their faces, and then continues.

"To have four legs on crutches will do little good without a body to support.

Can [The Ezbataens], under mutual agreement, cease our animosity to one another and be brothers and sisters?  After all, were not the gods and goddesses that hailed us brothers and sisters in the heavens?  Though they fight, and we fight, they need each other to exist, for without one, the other fails.  It was Pa Esankt Notärci II who said that no leg be greater than the other, for when the body cannot survive on legs that fight one another, for risking that the body will fail, the legs must cooperate."

The Ivēxür sends for a scribe.  While waiting for him to arrive, the nobles of the court begin talking nervously amongst each other, as do the Bēlänese and Tsekēnese.  The Ivēxür allows the Bēlänese and Tsekēnese parties speak, should they choose to do so before the scribe arrives.

Albiton is called to assist Atenisia is quelling the civil unrest in the Serpent nation of Aspidis.

Albiton is called to assist Atenisia is quelling the civil unrest in the Serpent nation of Aspidis.
Albiton says no, and also wonders why Atenisia expanded into the land where Albiton was intending to expand into.

Speaking of which, hows the espovs suite going?

Albiton says no, and also wonders why Atenisia expanded into the land where Albiton was intending to expand into.
Atenisia did not know of the land expansion intentions of Albiton.

It will stop expansion into the land and go into the land it doesn't want to go into, AKA south.

Speaking of which, hows the espovs suite going?
It's okay.  Between two styles.  One of them sounds like a way-overdone film score thing, though it sounds good.

I'm releasing an update with some NPC stuff in a bit.

yay more playmates?
Some, with more to come.  I'll update the descriptions later, but yeah, the map is updated to 135 AD (10/12/2014).

Aurian explorers discover Galaumia. Some move north after hearing about more empires up that way.