1 (7.7%)
Jump ahead in time.
2 (15.4%)
Do some event.
4 (30.8%)
Abort thread.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Anagaea II – A New Age of Empires [1117 AD]  (Read 110897 times)

Noble houses and clans in the west slowly but surely cracked down upon. Under the table bribes here, carefully planned assassinations there- The western nobility of Aspidis mask their dark attempts at seizing power under their even darker religion. With the coming of Christianity, small riots break out in the southern regions of Aspian lands, and the Aspian-Albitonic border lords dispatch soldiers to quickly cut down the rioteers, hence creating more and more unrest growing in southern Aspidis.

Repairs and enhancements continue with Xianxan.  The Ivēxür makes a personal visit to the festival on the tenth anniversary of the attack.

The Erinamese army withdraws from the Bequelans as the Bequelans agree to terms.  The army comes home, completely exhausted after such a long campaign.  Erinaum now practices new naval tactics.

The Erinamese create a Ballista, modeled partially off of the Erinamese prototype and the Avalonian model.  Ships are being futtet with the new invention.

Xianxan, once again begging for more assured safety, demands that a stronghold be built.  Erinaum agrees, and begins construction of a fortress the likes of which the East has never seen before.

Avalonian forces withdraw from the land of the Bequelans.  Much of the more valuable loot is left behind with the Bequelans as it has some religious value to them, and Avalonia knows that religious fervor can cause bloody and cruel war (Britonic States).  Another chunk of the spoils of war goes to the Avalonian Governor of West Plexia for the purpose of rebuilding the land and keeping the people well fed while crops are regrown and all that.  Avalonian forces are pleased to return to their homes with the knowledge that victory has brought them honor and glory.  What remains of the spoils goes to line the coffers of the Avalonian government.

Spies are covertly sent to Dabo to report on conditions in the former Calzone.  Their initial reports indicate that infighting has died down quite a bit, and there is some semblance of order.  This has come as the more powerful warlords quickly overcame their weaker opponents, dividing the nation into three spheres, two of which clashed, weakening both enough for the third to overcome both, although the control of the third over the first two is weak and more official than actual.  For the moment, things have reached a delicate state of not war.  Throughout the warring factions period, Dabo was mostly spared destruction, but the de facto capitol is now a somewhat larger, but less strategically located city several miles inland on the Northern coast of Calzone.  The spies recommend that if any attempt is to be made to take Calzone, it would be best to take the Argent-Dabo road, Dabo, and the lands to the South, as well as a buffer zone to the North, and then to make peace swiftly with the currently empowered Northern faction.

lol, didn't even see I had a neighbor NPC.

Hlaomarr begins assembling an army of upwards of 50,000 men, 30,000 of our regular troops and 20,000 support/militia troops. It could take a few months to a year to prepare the necessary forces, but soon we will march on Aldegar and force them back from the lands that they have taken.

Speaking of which, they're probably already halfway through Hlaohamarr by now.

Speaking of which, they're probably already halfway through Hlaohamarr by now.
So I guess guerilla war will be occurring for a few years.

Auria is very observant of the Sordelands. They begin to look for possible economic opportunities within.

Atenisia continues to expand west.

I just wish to note that the REs are useful.  Without them nothing bad would ever happen to the nations of power players, they'd just have only good happen all the time when that simply isn't realistic.  Perhaps REs need some reform, but I think they make the RP somewhat fairer, in theory at least.

I just wish to note that the REs are useful.  Without them nothing bad would ever happen to the nations of power players, they'd just have only good happen all the time when that simply isn't realistic.  Perhaps REs need some reform, but I think they make the RP somewhat fairer, in theory at least.
RE's are what these topics have always needed.

Now instead of just letting my nation grow and just sit there, I have to deal with some bullllllshiiiiit. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:57:12 PM by Oasis »

RE's are good

I feel like they should always be negative so the player has to deal with something because they don't likely inflict harm to themselves.

maybe have two separate sets, eg good events and bad events

I wouldn't say make them all bad; give it a 2/3 chance that nothing happens and if something does, then make it bad and do a roll to see how much your country now sucks.  Should also use dice to determine how long it will be until the next set of REs to make them a fair bit more random.  I just feel like REs are a better framework for bad events than the occasional global disastertastrophe or the formation of the Iron Shadow or Thieves' Guild.

The Avalonian law code is reworked to be all around better, and now resembles something like Mosaic Law minus Jewish religious practices like sacrifices and festivals.  Crime drops slightly in Avalonia, not that it was ever especially high, but it drops.

Improvements are made to the fortifications on Turtle Island, and its ports, and ports throughout Avalonia, are improved to have greater ship building, servicing, and holding capacities, as well as greater defensibility.  Repairs and replacements of ships damaged in the Bequelan War are made, and various minor improvements in ship design are incorporated where possible.

espul has an extremely similar flag to mine

h'witchcraft I say

King Uslar IV has risen to the throne, as by request of the King Uslar III a competition is to be held within Espovon.

The top three families able to produce the most children in ten years will be provided with a large estate of land with vineyards, along with this the families will receive 250 gold pieces each.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:13:24 PM by Badger »

That's like.

Really bad for the genepool and for the girls getting forgeted but okay.

Wow.  Those girls are going to be quite sore.