Author Topic: GRTB : Return To Blockland - Update 2.5  (Read 65039 times)

I hate to be *that guy* but seems like someone has to be *that guy*: the licence of RTB forbids you from making any sort of derivative works (any work created by the editing, modification, adaptation or translation of the Work in any media).

Just saying.

You forgeted up the friends list on the 1.0 update.

I have a feeling this guy is baiting.

so your 85 year old mother could run it on her 2000 windows me computer
gotta reach out to erryone
sweet. at long last could i experience such a mod with little power

Jesus Christ the UI is disgusting.

Congratulations Goth Boy you managed to make something bad into something worse, by adding even more ego and ignoring community suggestions, like removing sounds, using a the recommended chat gui and making accessing mod manager more of a pain because "Blockland News" should not even be a part of it, thats what the forums are for.

Now I don't want to be "That guy" who bashes on peoples creations, but you could of actually redeemed it by listening to the suggestions, instead you have just made RTB into this thing that only resembles RTB.

TLDR;
Jesus Christ the UI is disgusting.
Please listen to the suggestions if you want this to be Successful.

Congratulations Goth Boy you managed to make something bad into something worse, by adding even more ego and ignoring community suggestions, like removing sounds, using a the recommended chat gui and making accessing mod manager more of a pain because "Blockland News" should not even be a part of it, thats what the forums are for.

Now I don't want to be "That guy" who bashes on peoples creations, but you could of actually redeemed it by listening to the suggestions, instead you have just made RTB into this thing that only resembles RTB.

TLDR;Please listen to the suggestions if you want this to be Successful.
at least he tried to make something haha.

92% of your topics are in suggestions and requests :P

I am a very creative person, I am in attending Graphic Interface Design Classes in school, I can tell when something is poorly designed.

The only way to fix this is with an overhaul.

I hate to be *that guy* but seems like someone has to be *that guy*: the licence of RTB forbids you from making any sort of derivative works (any work created by the editing, modification, adaptation or translation of the Work in any media).

Just saying.
Pretty much this, adding onto the fact that Rotondo even explicitly said you can't use the RTB name at all.

Gothboy: egomaniac, and denser than the lead in his shoes.

I admire the ambition effort Gothboy put into this.

Gothboy, I think your major error is selling it as RTB. RTB is dead. When you claim to have made a 'modified rtb', people assume it's going to have the same quality as RTB. Really all I'm honest to God looking for right now is an in-game friends function that lets me keep track of Blocklanders I meet. And yeah, take the advice and get an artist to whip up some good UI for you.

Just make the add-on 'Gothboy's ingame client' or something. Sell it as your own product with credit to RTB and it's creator.

Gothboy, I think your major error is selling it as RTB. RTB is dead. When you claim to have made a 'modified rtb', people assume it's going to have the same quality as RTB. Really all I'm honest to God looking for right now is an in-game friends function that lets me keep track of Blocklanders I meet. And yeah, take the advice and get an artist to whip up some good UI for you.

Get Daprog's basically.

I admire the ambition effort Gothboy put into this.

Just make the add-on 'Gothboy's ingame client' or something. Sell it as your own product with credit to RTB and it's creator.
Tbh only one worth using is DAProgs. It's the exact way RTB was left before it shutdown, just RTBConnect now uses DAProgs server instead of trying to connec to the dead RTB one.

Overall this mod looks really bad and your mistake was to try to use the RTB name and then remake it with yourself. I found the "G-RTB" and the Gothboy's tips to be pretty conceded as welll. If you were going to do that you should have renamed it instead of using the RTB name for this excuse for a replacment.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:12:40 AM by Clear Glass »

Im not "selling" anything.

I am a very creative person, I am in attending Graphic Interface Design Classes in school, I can tell when something is poorly designed.

You forgeted up the friends list on the 1.0 update.
The friend list works fine for me. What are you having an issue with?

"Blockland News" should not even be a part of it, thats what the forums are for.
Its actually going to list the recent add-ons posted on forum.blockland.us

RTB had something similar to this, but for their own "downloads system"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:40:42 PM by Goth77 »

Its actually going to list the recent add-ons posted on forum.blockland.us

make a mod that does only that, don't plaster your name all over it and have it independent from rtb, and id most defiantly use it.

you should find somebody who knows how to make something aesthetically pleasing because holy stuff this mod of a mod is the antithesis of aesthetically pleasant things