Blockland's signs of death? What makes this game so special?

Author Topic: Blockland's signs of death? What makes this game so special?  (Read 11179 times)

I know this is been discussed before, but it has really gotten into my attention. If I was attentive, months ago or supposedly in April, we had about 300-400+ players, and we rarely have 200+ today. Right now its just lower than the servers we have up. Although the forums are living healthy. I have no idea if this is just me with timezones, but mainly I see lower players in my times. Even in midnight in Australia for me, there were 150 or less.

Is Blockland holding up any longer this year?

Could have my video predicted something would happen this year?

I know I may be exaggerating, but I've played this game for 5 years, or maybe this game is the only thing I have actually 'played' for more than literally half of my life. What could make this game so special, that we tend to stay in. I mean, we have all experienced in a way that we play a game, and not less than you think, you're just done with it.

Another sign of no life, no major updates since the shaders, and that update was in 2012 or 2013. back in 2009, there were pretty much infrequent updates. So with RTB, fully deep in the grave.

Is this another sign of the last words of this game, and what if it happens, what else would we play other than this?

I mean, yeah MOST players of the community, including me sometimes, are forgeted up, and tend to stress it up. We had nice times this year too, remember that Steam Greenlight, and about 1500 players on, with tons of Blockhead servers up.

I guess some games just don't live on forever, and maybe we have to move on, but who knows, we can still go on.

/discuss

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:41:15 PM by Badspot »

Is this another sign of the last words of this game, and what if it happens, what else would we play other than this?
I've heard The Blockland Forums is a pretty great game

Besides that, i have Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2 and Synergy

it makes me really sad to see how badly blockland has changed, i love the game but just so many bad things are happening/have happened. the community makes the game look bad, so people have bad opinions on the game and the developers staying quiet about this update they are apparently making. it's just so depressing. i love the game and it has been reduced to a steaming pile of poo. i hate that this has happened.

I know this is been discussed before, but it has really gotten into my attention. If I was attentive, months ago or supposedly in April, we had about 300-400+ players, and we rarely have 200+ today. Right now its just lower than the servers we have up. Although the forums are living healthy. I have no idea if this is just me with timezones, but mainly I see lower players in my times. Even in midnight in Australia for me, there were 150 or less.
Think about it. Wouldn't a game with a fanbase mostly in high school or younger have more players over the summer? When there isn't school?
Oh, and midnight isn't really a good time to be playing, because, yes, timezones, but its forgetin 12 AM. Who's playing Blockland then?

Is Blockland holding up any longer this year?

Could have my video predicted something would happen this year?
Gee, could my "video" with text on a black background and a blockhead at the end pertain to this?? For sure! It totally isn't advertisement!!1!

I know I may be exaggerating, but I've played this game for 5 years, or maybe this game is the only thing I have actually 'played' for more than literally half of my life. What could make this game so special, that we tend to stay in. I mean, we have all experienced in a way that we play a game, and not less than you think, you're just done with it.
Are you telling me your 10?

Another sign of no life, no major updates since the shaders, and that update was in 2012 or 2013. back in 2009, there were pretty much infrequent updates. So with RTB, fully deep in the grave.
I guess some games just don't live on forever, and maybe we have to move on, but who knows, we can still go on.
Who says RTB is "fully deep in the grave?" have you not seen the backup websites, the replacements, and everything else the community is doing? The program may be gone, but what it was made for, talking, creating, and sharing content, isn't gone.
Oh no, this game doesn't last forever? Better add it to the list.

it makes me really sad to see how badly blockland has changed, i love the game but just so many bad things are happening/have happened. the community makes the game look bad, so people have bad opinions on the game and the developers staying quiet about this update they are apparently making. it's just so depressing. i love the game and it has been reduced to a steaming pile of poo. i hate that this has happened.
Think something is a "steaming pile of poo?" don't forgetin play it, then.
Something making you "depressed?" Don't do it.
Want to make the game "look better?" then actually attempt to help instead of bitching.

/rant its 2:50 AM and I'm tired and grumpy.

Probably because a lot of people are busy with school?

I'm sure there will be more people in the upcoming Christmas season.

Probably because a lot of people are busy with school?

I'm sure there will be more people in the upcoming Christmas season.
I hope.

hasn't outpact made like 3 of these threads so far

but yeah the problem is school
don't go to school or the game will die, kids

It's comical, because someone recently uploaded a parody picture of how people romanticize the past to a thread just like this and later commented how he made it two years ago for the same exact purpose.

School, lack of knowledge about development, and awesome people leaving seems to be the problem here.

I feel like we're standing inside of a grave twiddling our thumbs waiting for someone to build us a sarcophagus with velvet bedding inside, for $10.

Blockland can't die, but the Master Server and or Forums can.

Blockland will stay functional forever as long as Windows/Mac doesnt make some huge file update or coding update. Someone else could update the game, someone else could make a new master server. Just like RTB died and others made a new RTB.
DaProngs being the most popular one.

Although I would hate to see Blockland's master server go down, because it would most likely decrease the game's population and get it taken down from steam. Just like RTB being closed made lots of players leave.

There are no good servers that's the issue. I get on at night and try to find a fun server to play on and there's nothing except for Zix's randomizer dm that interests me. And even that server isnt very original. I usually end up going to my server or playing football on Badspot's old build with some friends.

The whole meaning of dying in this case is loose popularity extremely rapidly to the point where it no longer has a active player-base aka. it's died out.
Application breaking updates don't happen on OS-s that are developed by people who have even the slightest clue what they're doing.
There is no reason to take the master server down since it costs almost nothing to keep it up and a single purchase a month would cover the cost I'd assume.
Taking down the forums would basically demolish the profit so it won't be done until the game has died out and there are is no more purchases made and no more profit made in extension.

There are no good servers that's the issue. I get on at night and try to find a fun server to play on and there's nothing except for Zix's randomizer dm that interests me. And even that server isnt very original. I usually end up going to my server or playing football on Badspot's old build with some friends.
I should host something again and attempt to make it really good..

If you dont like whats going on, stop playing.

God forbid we need another "ugh blockland sux" thread.
Seriously, quit living off the nostalgia factor. Playing the game for a few years has no relevance to Badspot being forced to keep it updated for you. All games die, Blockland will too. Get over it.

I'm hoping at some point Badspot will start implenting some community made add-ons and stuff just so people can be happy about "updates"

anyways, I'm hoping to buy a VPS and host a bunch of fun and creative servers on it.