Author Topic: BlockNet Dedicated Hosting - New lower prices!  (Read 55352 times)

I'm pretty sure he only bought one key which is named "BlockNet" and is shared by all the users that do not use their own key.
No, I know for a fact that is not true. I have my own rental key that I can rename and no one else has.

No, I know for a fact that is not true. I have my own rental key that I can rename and no one else has.

Ah, alright. I'm just speaking from what I experienced during the beta.

So, if so. I would have lost nothing, but would have destroyed "BlockNet"?
How would losing $100 'destroy' blocknet? Honestly, you're nitpicking at the most unlikely situation here.

I would buy one if I had anything to host on it.

I had those left in place just to show the structure of the list.

Ah, thanks.

(bump)

first hosted tonight, and players reported very little lag and the server was running incredibly smoothly the whole time
this service is top

I've added some user testimonies to the OP.

On the highest one, Which I would get if I bought this service; you're saying i'm paying $15 month for one server on it's own node and a second seever costs $8? That's $23, I might as well continue hosting my own $30 VPS that can run 3 servers if that in the case. Correct me if I am misunderstanding this.

On the highest one, Which I would get if I bought this service; you're saying i'm paying $15 month for one server on it's own node and a second seever costs $8? That's $23, I might as well continue hosting my own $30 VPS that can run 3 servers if that in the case. Correct me if I am misunderstanding this.
You would be correct there. The dedicated node literally is your own VPS node to work with. That's why it costs about the same. You do, however, get the benefits of the VPS being managed for you. If you're using a Windows VPS, you'll see a massive performance increase on an equivalent BlockNet node.

You would be correct there. The dedicated node literally is your own VPS node to work with. That's why it costs about the same. You do, however, get the benefits of the VPS being managed for you. If you're using a Windows VPS, you'll see a massive performance increase on an equivalent BlockNet node.
Alright, another question is where is the VPS located? I'd like for it to be somewhere on the United State's East Coast.

I'll probably be buying one around Jan. 8th when my VPS expires.

Alright, another question is where is the VPS located? I'd like for it to be somewhere on the United State's East Coast.

I'll probably be buying one around Jan. 8th when my VPS expires.
The purchase page allows you to choose the deployment location of your node.

What would people think about a feature which allowed you to purchase a 'gift code', which someone else can redeem for server time?

What would people think about a feature which allowed you to purchase a 'gift code', which someone else can redeem for server time?
would simplify any contests that appear in the future ran by regular users

would definitely be a worthwhile feature

there should be a donation system in place to help host each others servers. clan related mostly, but i guess anyone could pay for anyones XD